Internal Communications Lead
Internal Communications Lead
As Andela’s Internal Communications Lead, you will develop communications programs and materials to ensure that every Andelan feels informed, inspired, and connected to our mission on a daily basis. You will serve as Editor in Chief for Andela’s internal publications while providing writing and editing support to the senior leadership team. You will report to Andela’s Director of Communications, based in NYC, and work closely with Internal Communications counterparts based in Andela’s Lagos, Nairobi and Kampala offices.
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
- Develop and execute internal announcement strategies in collaboration with Andela’s senior leadership and team leads.
- Craft messaging and content tailored to a variety of audiences including team leads, employees, investors, and friends of Andela.
- Create and implement an editorial calendar for executive and departmental communications across the organization.
- Supervise and provide editorial support for communications to all staff across our NYC, Lagos, Nairobi and Kampala offices.
- Partner with Andela’s People & Culture team to develop communications strategies and distribute materials regarding organizational changes, new policies, and employee survey results.
- Partner with Andela’s Client Experience & Strategy Team to keep clients updated and informed.
- Serve as Editor in Chief for TIA Magazine, Andela’s internal publication.
- Craft, distribute and maintain standardized language for all departments and major initiatives.
- 3+ years working in Journalism, Communications, or a relevant field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and accurately under tight deadlines
- Ability to use discretion in handling sensitive matters
- Self-motivated and resourceful with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Relentless attention to detail and desire to learn
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top