Andela is a mission with a business. We are developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth globally. With the fastest growing population and some of the highest youth unemployment in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, shape them into innovative technical leaders, and place them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Our clients range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth start-ups, and we are backed by the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Google Ventures, and Spark Capital, among others.
About this position:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technical manager to use his or her technical skills to achieve two major objectives facing both our clients and developers:
- Provide pre-sales support to assess the needs of prospective clients, position the value of Andela’s services, and identify the best working arrangement for clients and our Andela engineers. The information gathered during this stage will also allow your counterparts in our African offices to match the right developers to the opportunity in terms of interest in client's work, fit with client culture, and experience with client's technology needs.
- Launch and nurture the first, critical month of engagement between our domestic clients and distributed Andela engineers. Onboarding and managing offshore, remote developers is a nuanced process—the Implementation Specialist will help integrate engineers into clients’ communication tools, software development processes, and team culture.
The Implementation Specialist will contribute his or her project management experience to guide initial engagement and ongoing growth of the client-developer relationship. They will help the client manage offshore developers, while simultaneously coaching the developers on how to best adapt to and succeed with their clients. The Implementation Specialists may manage a large number of these engagements at any given time, and will pass off responsibility once the client and developer establish a comfortable rapport. You will also share feedback on client experiences to inform future training of developers and messaging to new clients.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if:
- You have successful experiences working with international, offshore software teams
- You have worked as a technical project manager
- You have interacted with clients around technical concepts
- You have enjoyed experiences in which you mentor junior developers
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, a related technical field, or 5+ years of relevant work experience
- You are comfortable with version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN), agile methodologies, and modern software development and collaboration tools
You’ll be an even greater fit for this role if:
- You have experience with an open-source web framework (e.g. Ruby/ Rails, Python/ Django) and solid understanding of the MVC design pattern
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top