Financial Planning and Analysis Associate
Title: Finance Planning and Analysis Associate
Work Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting (Main): Director of FP&A
Contract: Full Time Employee
Andela is a global engineering organization that connects leading technology companies and talented software developers from around the world. We enable companies to build high-performing engineering teams while providing a platform for talented technologists to accelerate their expertise. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders.
About the Role
The FP&A Associate serves as a seasoned finance staff supporting or leading a variety of sub–functions: financial analytics, metrics, and reporting. The FP&A Associate will demonstrate a proven track record and work in a fast–paced corporate finance environment. They should be able to adapt to change on a regular basis and deliver quick and accurate analysis. Further, they should be able to gather and interpret complex financial data. In doing this, they should be able to collaborate with key parties across the business to incorporate all relevant information into financial analytics to enable them develop insights and perspectives, identify business trends, and recommend action plans on core functions supporting the organization..
Specific Key Responsibilities
- Assist in income statement and cash flow forecasting, budgeting
- Transaction analysis and reporting, including budget vs. actual analysis for different locations
- Assist in developing and updating financial systems/models
- Build and nurture strong working relationships with other team members and functional heads
- Engage and collaborate with other teams across the region and beyond on ad hoc projects and modelling
Qualifications & Experience
- Requisite academic qualification (University degree/ CFA/CPA/CIFA)
- 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of corporate finance
- Proficiency in extraction of reports from ERP systems
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office tools
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ready to embrace start up pace with a good sense of humour
- Passion to help transform the world
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the plane
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top