Employee Experience Associate
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the People team
We’re not just building a business; we’re building a diverse community of individuals who all want to feel motivated, do great and meaningful work, and be supported by their peers. The People team is the integral function charged with ensuring that we are intentional and thoughtful in how we attract, develop, and create unparalleled work experiences.
About the Employee Experience Associate role:
As our team grows, it becomes increasingly important to preserve the sense of community, to maintain working conditions that promote high productivity, and to make new hires quickly feel welcome and part of the day-to-day flow. Therefore, we are looking for an energetic, resourceful, and ultra-organized Employee Experience Associate to oversee and cultivate an working environment and culture where employees thrive and grow. The ideal candidate possesses a ‘no task too small, no task too big’ attitude, is naturally empathetic, proactively owns and solves problems, and brings everyone along in the fun.
This is an ideal entry point for a smart, savvy generalist who is interested in moving into the People space, with several pathways to future growth: recruiting, learning/development, employee engagement, etc. This role reports into the Director of People in the US office.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Operationalize and improve new hire onboarding program. Our goal is to make new hires feel welcome, learn about the ins-and-outs of the company, our mission and get up-to-speed on their roles as quickly as possible.
- Gather feedback on employee experience and strategize initiatives cross departmental to ensure improved survey results.
- Develop and execute thoughtful and inclusive social programming to encourage cross-pollination of ideas, bonding through shared mission and learning, and celebration of company milestones. Take what we are doing already and improve on it.
- Happy hours, offsites, culture events, training courses for larger team, brown bags, lunch and learns, team celebrations,accountable for lunch/meal events --execution can be done by ManagedbyQ.
- Holiday party & annual offsite
- Health and Wellness programming
- Oversee all of the operations involved in running a highly productive office. Our goal is to maximize the level and volume of ‘flow state’ work for our employees -- i.e., work where employees are fully immersed in their work, feeling and performing their best -- by setting up conditions to enable it and to minimize disruptions, large or small.
- As we grow, we expect this role to evolve and scale with us.
- Work alongside People Manager to organize and launch formal and informal learning programs - employee training, soft skills training, lunch and learns
Characteristics of a successful candidate
- 1-2 years of professional work experience in a well-run office environment. Bonus points for experience in a rapidly growing tech startup or previous recruiting/office management/hospitality roles.
- Strong self-management, drive, and organization. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Positivity, empathy, and charisma that draws people in. We’re looking for someone who can relate well to people from all backgrounds and who can lift employee spirits.
- Sharp and critical eye for details, in physical spaces, in planning, and in work product. The ideal candidate sees and resolves problems before anyone else notices there is an issue.
- Problem-solving versatility and resourcefulness. There will be many new and unexpected problems, and we need someone who can do the required research/networking to propose well thought-out solutions.
- Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written. Will need to rally employees and to gain buy-in for office policies; market team events
- Strong familiarity with Google suite (docs, calendar, spreadsheets, presentations), with a natural proclivity for spreadsheets, formulas, and data.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top