Director of Success
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Role
Andela’s Success department is charged with balancing the needs of our Clients with the needs of our Fellows in order to ensure that our Clients are successful while our Fellows are constantly growing and progressing through our Technical Leadership Program. Our Kampala office is looking for a seasoned technology professional who is passionate about building the next generation of technology leaders in Africa and who knows what it takes to make successful Clients, to be the next Director of Success for Uganda.
Our core consulting model is embedded software developers and teams who just happen to be located thousands of miles away, offshore. As such, you’ll need to be an expert in enabling talented people to deliver their best, providing the support and quality control needed to help them through challenges, and developing the processes, protocols and procedures necessary to scale with Andela’s Client and Fellow growth.
Although you interface with every aspect of the organization, your core constituents are Andela’s Fellows and Clients, and so you’re simultaneously the voice of each to various stakeholders. Everyday you wake up thinking about:
- How do I better ensure that Andela’s Uganda technical professionals are prepared, supported, and continue to grow?
- How do I better ensure that Andela’s Clients are wowed with the quality, engagement and productivity of their Andela Fellow?
You are eager for the challenge of moulding and shaping an exceptional set of individuals and programs into an integrated, worldclass institution for technology leadership training. You know how to think – and act – big, while holding a strong moral compass in everything you do.
- Oversee delivery of all accounts staffed by Andela’s Uganda technical professionals
- Manage the growth of all trained technical professionals in Uganda
- Manage a support staff of client-facing Technical Coordinators
- Manage other support staff that provide support to all of Andela’s technical professionals
- Collaborate with the Sales team and other members of the Success department in multiple countries to staff and support clients
- Work with the Uganda Leadership Team to address issues for Fellows
- Provide actionable feedback into all aspects of the organization for continuous improvement
- Four year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
- 8-10 years of experience working remotely in software development, technology consulting and/or software product management
- Demonstrated interest or experience working in education
- Experience managing or leading software developers
- Experience working in multiple countries and/or with international organizations
- A deep commitment to Andela’s mission.
- Willingness to travel periodically between Andela’s centers as well as to US offices
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the plane
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top