DevOps Software Engineer
- Flexible / Remote
Where You’ll Work
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software engineers.
Based globally and operating remotely, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
What You’ll Do
Andela Software Engineers epitomize ownership. They take personal responsibility for Andela’s ability to continue to deliver value to our partners.
- Use your DevOps knowledge to delight our partners around the world;
- Be responsible for the coding standards, conduct and deliverables of your fast-paced, distributed, teams, by proactively communicating and prioritizing effectively;
- Act as a role model even in the most difficult and challenging situations, using constructive feedback, mentorship, and universal respect.
Andela Engineers are masters of consistent execution. They reliably deliver technical and professional value to our teams and our partners.
- Performing duties to design, building, and maintaining systems, environments, and pipelines
- Performing system orchestration through management tools, such as Cloudformation, Terraform, and Ansible
- Designing, building, and deploying using third-party testing and CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins, Travis, or CircleCI
- Contributing to developing and maintaining best practices for infrastructure as code, specifically with configuration management and environment orchestration
- Utilizing appropriate third-party tools to monitor, test, deploy, and scale environments
- Partnering with cross-functional team members to estimate, support, troubleshoot, plan, deliver, and maintain highly performant systems
- Supporting business functions by understanding key metrics and impact to know how to prioritize and support objectives
- Assisting in troubleshooting and resolving bugs as well as performance issues across all environments
- Developing dashboards and reports to support engineers, product, and business partners to successfully deliver on and support their initiatives
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- 3+ years of professional experience as a DevOps Engineer or Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- 2+ years of writing software, preferably in Python
- Excellent ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Experience in designing, building, and working with Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) Pipelines
- Proven expertise with at least one cloud hosting platform (ex: AWS, GCP, Azure) as well as its services, in relation to scaling, storage, management tools, and analytics
- Comfort with agile methodologies and experience in estimation and time management
- Hands-on experience with containerized infrastructure
- Understanding of programming concepts such as structured code, object-oriented and multi-tiered development experience, and design patterns
- Familiarity with distributed caching systems and core caching concepts
- Familiarity with serverless concepts
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, or related field.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top