Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Consultant Manager role
Andela creates an environment of seamless, distributed work by embedded team members throughout Africa. Our Success department is charged with balancing the needs of our Partners with the needs of our Developers. Our Senior Consultants act as Lead Developers for our Andela’s partners.
The Consultant Manager will lead, motivate and manage Andela’s Senior Consultants and will aid in ensuring that Andela's Success team balances the needs of Consultants, Fellows and Clients. She/he is passionate about Andela’s mission and technology and is able to remain flexible and wear many hats to help meet the growing and changing needs of a start-up.
Our Lagos office is looking for a seasoned technology professional who is passionate about leading and coaching this team as well as aligning their needs and goals with Andela’s overall mission.
This position is full-time based at Andela’s office in Lagos, Nigeria.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Motivate and develop the Senior Consultants, both individually and collectively, by providing insights and advice on how best to manage their time as well as point out areas where they need to improve.
- Execute strategic initiatives aimed at constantly enhancing and improving the Senior Consultant experience at Andela
- Constantly work to break down barriers within the department, such as old paradigms and outdated procedures, that would hamper the team’s performance
- Provide strategic leadership and direction with regards to the management of Senior Consultants
- Ensure that all engagements are being run appropriately by the Senior Consultants.
- Keep the Director of Success and other stakeholders apprised of all current engagements and their status..
- Resolve all problems as they arise by preparing solutions thereto and, where appropriate, liaising with the Director of Success for approval.
- Ensure that Senior Consultants effectively balance their KPIs while achieving and meeting their performance targets
- Provide actionable feedback into all aspects of the organization for continuous improvement
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of experience in team operations and managing high performing teams
- Strong ability to think strategically and plan for the future.
- Ability to balance day-to-day hurdles, assess changing opportunities and risks while keeping the overall picture in focus at all times
- Extremely well-organized, with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with remote staff.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to converse with all levels of the organization
- Strong logistical management and analytics skills
- Strong motivator, driven to achieve personal and team targets.
- Strong coaching skills and capability to develop a team.
- Be a nice person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Andela's Employees
Internal Communications Lead
Chantal makes sure that every Andelan feels personally connected to what the company is doing and knows how their individual role ties into the larger company goals.
Back to top