Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders.
Learn more about us at www.andela.com.
About the Role:
We are seeking an excellent communicator and strategic thinker to broadcast Andela’s vision and achievements to the world. The Communications Associate will be responsible for shaping and executing on a public relations strategy that drives business growth while building Andela’s brand as an elite engineering organization.
In this job you will:
- Proactively pitch media outlets to secure articles and place contributed content
- Field inbound press requests and vet accordingly
- Vet, identify and coordinate speaking opportunities to bolster Andela’s thought leadership
- Organize and build out media assets, messaging guidelines and industry research
- Keep Andela team and leadership up to speed on all relevant news
- Track and monitor media mentions
- Assist in managing social media strategy and content
Requirements (what makes you a great fit for this role):
- 3-5 years experience in tech or startups
- Excellent written & verbal communicator
- Experience navigating the tech media landscape
- Creative and critical thinker with an ability to craft narratives
- Self-starter with a proven ability to multitask, prioritize and work with all levels within an organization
- Deep understanding of social media platforms
- Being a good person; we have a “no jerk” policy at Andela
Back to top