Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
As Andela’s Internal Communications lead, you will develop communications programs and materials to ensure that every Andelan feels informed, inspired, and connected to our mission on a daily basis. You will serve as Editor in Chief for Andela’s internal publications while providing writing and editing support to the senior leadership team. You will report to Andela’s Director of Communications, based in NYC, and work closely with Internal Communications counterparts based in Andela’s Lagos, Nairobi and Kampala offices.
Andela Nairobi is seeking an experienced Communications Manager professional to broadcast our vision and achievements to the world. Based in Nairobi, the Communications Manager will be responsible for shaping and executing on a multi-faceted marketing strategy that drives business growth, supporting marketing initiatives that recruit the most talented developers in Africa, and build Andela’s brand as an elite engineering organization.
In this job you will:
- Lead the Andela Nairobi Communications team in planning and executing a number of strategic initiatives across PR, field marketing and digital marketing to bolster Andela’s presence in Nairobi
- Own all Nairobi press relationships, working closely with Nairobi leadership and the global Andela Marketing organization to secure high-quality media coverage
- Build a scalable marketing program across digital and in-person touchpoints, designed to significantly bolster the number of Fellowship applications
- Support the Country Director in driving engagement among the Andela Fellows through a variety of employee communications initiatives
- Serve as the Nairobi liaison to the global Andela Marketing organization, ensuring all Nairobi marketing initiatives are aligned with the company’s core messaging and brand identity
Requirements (what makes you a great fit for this role):
- 5 years minimum experience in communication/marketing/public relations, technology preferable
- Strong existing relationships with key business and technology press
- Excellent written & verbal communicator
- Creative and critical thinker with an ability to craft narratives
- Deep understanding of social media platforms
- Being a good person; we have a “no jerk” policy at Andela
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet.
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top