Client Executive - Sales Manager
Type: Full Time
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common. We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
About the Role:
We are seeking a creative, passionate, and experienced Client Executive to find opportunities for our fellows to work with the best companies, from startups to large enterprise in the region.
In this job you will:
- Develop and close opportunities with some of the most innovative and established tech companies out there.
- Systematically build and nurture a pipeline of new placements for our developers.
- Explore new ways of packaging our offerings to better address client needs
- Engage tech executives at leading companies who are seeking engineering talent.
- Communicate and coordinate with clients stakeholders, developers and Andela leadership.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of activity through our CRM.
High-level view of who you are:
- Above all, you care about what we do. You know this isn’t just about helping companies find technology talent, it’s about leveling the playing field for the world’s brightest young people.
- You are tenacious and persistent and don’t give up until the answer is yes.
- You are excited about the prospect of selling a new product or offering, something that has never been sold before.
- You have a robust sales methodology that you continually improve
- You have a track record selling into large companies. You know how to navigate the bureaucracy and overcome whatever obstacles are thrown your way.
- You understand both product and service sales and what it means to sell along a protracted sales cycle.
- You’ve had plenty of hits and misses--and can clearly discuss the lessons learned from those misses.
- You have an entrepreneurial instinct; you are analytical, a problem solver, and capable of getting the job done without needing to be micromanaged.
- You like people, can talk to anyone, and make friends easily. You’re equally comfortable talking with the HR or engineering teams.
- You love data and using it to inform your strategy and drive better decision-making.
Requirements (what makes you a great fit for this role):
- 3-7 years of sales experience and a track record of meeting or exceeding targets.
- Excellent communication skills: you will need to engage through text, so strong writing skills are essential.
- Established relationships at leading African companies.
- Being a good person; we have a “no jerk” policy at Andela.
- Computer Science or Engineering background is a plus
- Technology professional services experience is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, the most comprehensive developer training program. Andela vets, trains, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their ideas with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top