Business Development Representative
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders.
About the Role: Entry-Level Sales
We need driven, ambitious, and passionate Business Development Representatives to find opportunities for Andela Fellows to work with the best software companies in the world. You will be responsible for outbound prospecting and lead generation, building a pipeline of new prospective clients and setting them up to connect with our Client Executive team.
High-level view of who you are:
- Your strong drive to make the world more equitable energizes you to push forward, even when the challenge is great.
- You have an entrepreneurial instinct; you are analytical, a problem solver, and are always looking to maximize efficiencies. You love using data to support your hypotheses.
- You are good with people and can understand their needs. You pick up on social cues, learn from others, and are always looking for feedback and ways to improve.
In this job you will:
- Develop new business opportunities through outbound outreach. You'll find companies who will be a good fit for Andela and identify decision-makers to build up a pipeline of qualified leads for the Client Executives.
- Use your top-notch writing skills to craft messaging that can effectively engage tech executives at the nation's leading companies who are seeking engineering talent.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to execute targeted prospecting campaigns and pilot new approaches to grow Andela's client base.
- Actively participate in weekly trainings to grow your sales abilities and be a strong ambassador for Andela.
Requirements (what makes you a great fit for this role):
- 1-3 years of work experience. Start-up and sales experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills. You've mastered the art of a well-written email.
- Sharp attention to detail. You are highly organized and process-driven.
- Proven initiative and persistence. You look for creative ways to overcome objections.
- Passion for Andela's mission and a personal desire to change the world.
- Be a good person! We have a “no jerk” policy at Andela and have a lot of fun.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top