Brand and Design Coordinator
Type: Full Time
Experience: Mid Level
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
The Brand and Design (BAD) role is primarily one that seeks to create and manage the Appearance and Image of Andela in Lagos and across Africa. Every activity should reflect a drive towards making Andela focused, memorable, meaningful and valuable enough to cause emotion and, ultimately action and it is the BADC’s responsibility to make sure this is consistent through all the operations that occur in Lagos, Nairobi and New York.
Overview and Objectives
- Reinforce Andela’s brand in the US and Africa through the creation of engaging digital and print assets.
- Support demand generation efforts that increase engagement and the speed of trust transfer to our audience such as working on Case studies, creating design items that would support Marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with Andela’s Brand, Marketing and other teams, to support projects across multiple departments including lead generation, brand, recruitment and other in-country operations.
- Develop, implement and execute marketing initiatives and activities for the Andela brand. These initiatives and activities include campaigns (print, web, social media, broadcast, etc.), events, corporate responsibility programs, partnerships and sponsorships.
- Consistently innovate on ideas to improve office happiness from a point of workspace beautification and initiatives.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage expectations in a high-pressure environment
- The ability to see projects through from inception to delivery
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Solid organizational skills to support the rest of the team
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to continually improve
- An understanding of layout, typography, color theory and user experience design
- Generating ideas for new packaging designs, including shape, size, colours, fonts and imagery
- Overseeing the visual production of adverts and publications, direct mail packs, email campaigns, websites, exhibition stands, road shows and liaising with media buyers and printers.
- Checking, reviewing and generating marketing brand copy for communications in Lagos and Nairobi.
- Supervising the sign off of marketing literature and campaigns, liaising with legal and compliance personnel, ensuring the designs and messages meet the company brand guidelines
- Produce attractive and effective designs across all media.
- Organize and manage all incoming asset requests.
- Support asset creation for lead generation efforts.
- Support Brand Director on completion of design projects.
- Consistently offer input to creative meetings and share ideas.
- Communicate with senior team members and integrate feedback.
- Effectively scope projects with other team members.
- Ensure 100% brand consistency across work output.
- Support the team throughout execution of campaigns and projects.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top