Brand and Design Coordinator
Type: Full Time
Experience: Mid Level
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The Brand and Design (BAD) role is primarily one that seeks to create and manage the Appearance and Image of Andela in Lagos and across Africa. Every activity should reflect a drive towards making Andela focused, memorable, meaningful and valuable enough to cause emotion and, ultimately action and it is the BADC’s responsibility to make sure this is consistent through all the operations that occur in Lagos, Nairobi and New York.
OVERVIEW & OBJECTIVE
- Reinforce Andela’s brand in the US and Africa through the creation of engaging digital and print assets.
- Support demand generation efforts that increase engagement and the speed of trust transfer to our audience such as working on Case studies, creating design items that would support Marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with Andela’s Brand, Marketing and other teams, to support projects across multiple departments including lead generation, brand, recruitment and other in-country operations.
- Develop, implement and execute marketing initiatives and activities for the Andela brand. These initiatives and activities include campaigns (print, web, social media, broadcast, etc.), events, corporate responsibility programs, partnerships and sponsorships.
- Consistently innovate on ideas to improve office happiness from a point of workspace beautification and initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage expectations in a high-pressure environment
- The ability to see projects through from inception to delivery
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Solid organizational skills to support the rest of the team
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to continually improve
- An understanding of layout, typography, color theory and user experience design
- Generating ideas for new packaging designs, including shape, size, colours, fonts and imagery
- Overseeing the visual production of adverts and publications, direct mail packs, email campaigns, websites, exhibition stands, road shows and liaising with media buyers and printers.
- Checking, reviewing and generating marketing brand copy for communications in Lagos and Nairobi.
- Supervising the sign off of marketing literature and campaigns, liaising with legal and compliance personnel, ensuring the designs and messages meet the company brand guidelines
- Produce attractive and effective designs across all media.
- Organize and manage all incoming asset requests.
- Support asset creation for lead generation efforts.
- Support Brand Director on completion of design projects.
- Consistently offer input to creative meetings and share ideas.
- Communicate with senior team members and integrate feedback.
- Effectively scope projects with other team members.
- Ensure 100% brand consistency across work output.
- Support the team throughout execution of campaigns and projects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top