Android Community Learning Program Manager
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
You are a creative, passionate, and experienced Program Manager with a love of community building, technology, and learning.
You are excited by the idea of empowering aspiring technologists across Nigeria to accelerate learning at scale by leveraging partnerships with top global tech companies.
- Your ingenuity helps you identify ways to attract, identify, and empower aspiring Nigerian technologists.
- You’ve managed teams and developed rigorous and systematic techniques for drafting, testing, and improving sourcing and selection in unique environments.
- You are drawn to technology as a powerful tool for change and are an effective, proactive orator of opinions on tech communities in Africa.
About the Program Manager Role:
The Program Manager is responsible for developing and leading the sourcing, evaluation and and selection of Nigerian technologists dedicating to learning Android and building the systems and processes that will support 1,000s of learners with effective learning facilitation.
Strategic Operations Management
- Successfully identify, attract, select, and retain increasingly talented aspiring technologists into the program.
- Invent and implement world-class sourcing and selection policies that drive the core performance indicators for both the Google Android Certification and Andela Fellowship programs.
- Set team’s objectives, priorities, and resources. Develop and track metrics for measuring learner progress and selection effectiveness.
Community Building and Collaboration
- Build and maintain relationships with recruitment channel partners and vendors including developing partnership agreements and monitoring performance of these channels.
- Oversee and ensure strong management of all stages of the program, including candidate screening and selection.
- Managing marketing and project budgets to ensure that expenditure maximizes return on investment.
Learning Environment Facilitation
- Manage online forum (Slack) communications (channels and posts) to drive engagement with learning content and amongst learners.
- Identify and support leading learners on commenting and sharing supplemental learning content
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidates for this role you:
- Understand of how to leverage technology and build scalable systems to reach prospective applicants.
- Have outstanding written and spoken communication skills as well as good listening skills.
- Are a self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Have a high standard for the quality of products and processes.
- Have a high level of attention to detail and organization.
- Have strong leadership and management skills.
- Are effective at prioritization.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, the most comprehensive developer training program. Andela vets, trains, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their ideas with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top