To ensure timely preparation of monthly accounts timely, complete and accurate recognition of expenses, timely payment of suppliers, statutory deductions and filing of statutory returns. You will report to the senior accountant
- Review transactions for completeness, accuracy and proper documentation and approvals prior to processing.
- Review suppliers, quotations and process purchase orders.
- Ensuring timely posting of invoices and payment to suppliers.
- Ensure timely posting of both recurring/non-recurring journal and cashbook entries into the accounting system.
- Manage the office petty cash.
- Manage the fixed asset register by ensuring monthly update and reconciliation.
- Work with the senior accountant to ensure statutory returns (WHT, VAT and Income Tax) are filed accurately and before cut off dates.
- Design and maintain a proper manual and electronic filing system.
- Assist in developing reporting processes, procedures and internal controls for maintaining the efficient flow of all financial transactions
- Assist during audits both internal and external.
- Perform other duties as and when required by senior accountant.
- University degree with minimum CPA II qualification
- Up to 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficiency in ERP software
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office tools
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ready to embrace start up pace with a good sense of humour
- Passion to help transform the world
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top