Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
In this job you will:
- Develop and close opportunities with some of the most innovative and established tech companies out there
- Systematically build and nurture a pipeline of new placements for our fellows
- Explore new ways of packaging our offerings to better serve client needs
- Take a consultative approach to investigating clients’ needs and uncovering new opportunities
- Communicate and coordinate internationally with clients stakeholders, fellows in Africa, and leadership in NYC
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience in sales
- You have a robust sales methodology that you continually improve
- You understand both product and service sales and what it means to sell along a protracted sales cycle
- You’ve had plenty of hits and misses--and can clearly discuss the lessons learned from those misses
- You’ve successfully built a book of business for an enterprise sales cycle longer than 30 days
- You organize your time to hit the biggest milestones
- Experience working with a lead-generating marketing team is a plus
- Startup experience is a plus
Work on a dynamic, growing team
Join at the start of an exciting venture
Full benefits and competitive salary commensurate with experience
Back to top