Software Architect for Mobile
Who We Are
Amrock is a leading national provider of title insurance, property valuations and settlement services. The company delivers FinTech solutions to streamline the real estate and mortgage experience for lenders, consumers and real estate professionals.
Amrock is a preferred provider to top retail mortgage lenders, with a wide range of clients throughout the residential and commercial real estate finance industries. Driven by thousands of professional partners and team members nationwide, Amrock is headquartered in the heart of downtown Detroit, Michigan with regional service centers in California, Pennsylvania and Texas and additional locations in several other states.
What You'll Do/Need
The Software Architect for Mobile is responsible for designing mobile applications that are high-quality, scalable and high-performance to meet the demands of our rapidly growing and ever-changing environment. They use repeatable practices to ensure usability, maintainability and security. They interact with developers, business analysts and other teams involved in project planning, development and testing.
First, they bring extensive business and technical experience to the initial design and planning of a project to assist in designing solutions that will work effectively within business, technical and security constraints. Second, they work across business and technology teams to help facilitate effective communication and act as independent facilitators for debate on the merits of competing ideas. Third, they evaluate and select strategic technical platforms for production use. The architect is at times a project leader, designer, programmer, strategic planner, facilitator, decision-maker, entrepreneur and visionary.
- Research new software technology concepts and tools to make informed recommendations
- Create static and dynamic architecture diagrams
- Document mobile application development standards
- Investigate outages or degradations in stability or performance
- Resolve software architecture conflicts
- Facilitate design and code review sessions
- Train fellow engineers when necessary
- Provide leadership in ensuring consistent use of a standard development framework and methodology
- Drive the importance of testing and quality assurance phases across all development initiatives
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Participate in production code pushes after regular business hours
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 7 years of programming or related experience in iOS or Android mobile application development
- 7 years of experience in software testing and design
- Expert knowledge of mobile application design and architecture, security concepts and best practices
- Expert knowledge of the generally accepted software development life cycle
- 3 years of team leadership and mentoring experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with limited direction
What You'll Get
We're not your typical corporate workplace. At Amrock, we offer a unique, collaborative environment that inspires creativity and encourages teamwork. Our team members make positive client experiences a priority, so we make our team members' workplace experiences a priority. We take pride in making Amrock a diverse, inclusive place to work for those who share our passion for helping make the real estate process faster and easier for everyone.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in any hiring or employment practices. The Company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in completing the application and/or participating in the employment application process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Team.
Meet Some of Amrock's Employees
Maciek K.Software Quality Architect
Maciek ensures absolute quality throughout the application development lifecycle, so that Amrock's partners continue to have the best experiences possible with company products.
Back to top