Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students - on early literacy development. Although we're a technology company, we don't believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it's just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
The UX/UI Designer will be working closely with a small creative team on a range of innovative software and mobile app projects. The ideal candidate has a real passion for the work and will collaborate with the team to produce quality work.
Responsibilities of the UX/UI Designer
- Develop concepts into screen flows and diagrams
- Produce high-fidelity wireframes or design sketches
- Produce detailed design and interaction specifications
- Design for a range of devices, including tablet & phone
- Design for a range of users, including educators & young students
- Collaborate with coders and stakeholders
- Research solutions to design challenges
Basic Qualifications of the UX/UI Designer
- 3+ years experience using in Sketch or Illustrator in a professional role
- Proven familiarity with and knowledge of web code (html, css, js)
- Knowledge of UX best practices and contemporary web/ app design patterns
- Portfolio or work samples
Preferred Qualifications of the UX/UI Designer
- Visual design skills - especially typography & layout
- Experience designing apps
- Responsive design experience
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Prototyping skills
- Experience with UI component libraries/ style guides
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Dev Tools Team
Danny builds the tools that Amplify developers use to create app features for students across the country, as well as to solve any internal issues his fellow employees might be experiencing.
Back to top