Temporary/ Contract Data Collector - Laguna Beach, CA
A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
Amplify is seeking qualified individuals to work as Data Collectors for an ongoing research project being conducted in local schools this year. Data Collectors will have the opportunity to learn cutting edge literacy and reading assessments, assess students in grades K-3, and collaborate with other data collectors to collect high quality data that will provide support for Amplify's literacy products and services as well as promote positive instructional outcomes for students.
If you have a background in education, research, and/or literacy and are passionate about improving educational outcomes for all students, we want to hear from you.
This is a part-time opportunity (25 hours/week) for approximately 4 weeks.
Responsibilities of the Data Collector
- Attend a half-day training on how to use all assessments associated with the project:
- Online Literacy Measures - a series of online measures assessing multiple skills such as alphabet knowledge, phonemic awareness, fluency, comprehension as well as spelling and vocabulary administered on laptop or desktop computers in a group-based setting.
- DIBELS 8 - a series of one-on-one literacy measures assessing multiple skills such as alphabet knowledge, phonemic awareness, fluency, and comprehension
- External Measures - STAR Early Literacy and STAR Reading is administered on laptop or desktop computers in a group-based setting. Pro-Ed RAN is administered one-on-one. Test of Written Spelling and more.
- Collaborate with other data collectors and school staff while assessing Grade K-3 students in schools. Collect data time efficiently and professionally, while maintaining confidentiality of student results.
- Conduct assessments with fidelity to provide accurate and high quality results
Basic Qualifications of the Data Collector:
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable: willing to work in a fast-paced environment and work effectively with others for optimal results.
- Demonstrated professionalism, promptness, and reliability in past work positions.
- Experience using technology.
Preferred Qualifications of the Data Collector:
- B achelor's degree in education or relevant field preferred.
- Experience with students in any/all grades
- Work experience in designing, conducting, or collecting data for research studies.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Back to top