Temporary Associate Product Manager, ELA
A pioneer in K- 12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help all students build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than three million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com .
We're looking for an Associate Product Manager that is passionate about education and great products to join our team for a two-month period. . You will work closely with a Senior Product Manager and be part of the broader product management team, giving you lots of opportunities to learn and grow in a supportive, innovative and fun environment.
**Please note: this is a temporary, full-time contract position expected to last for approximately two months.
- Be curious about our users and excited to learn all about them. Participate in classroom visits, capture observations, and share findings and insights with your team. Organize playtesting sessions in the office to try our product ideas and concepts with users and incorporate lessons learned into the product development process
- Learn about the market and our competitors and understand similarities and differences between their products and ours. Be inspired by other products and share ideas with your team
- Learn all about the components of the product your team owns and work towards being the expert in them
- Manage projects for your team and communicate with other product managers about them. Manage dependencies, share updates, and keep stakeholders informed
- Conduct research to identify and understand challenges our users face and advocate for improvements by supporting your ideas with data. Recommend product ideas
- Collaborate with design and engineering to create concepts, wireframes and designs, then bring them to life through working software
- Participate in human-centered design workshops to create exciting product solutions
- Manage the end to end launch of product features in collaboration with your senior product manager
- Capture product requirements and create user stories
- Manage the backlog, including creating and refining user stories with your team, prioritizing the backlog, and reviewing and accepting stories based on acceptance criteria
- Participate in agile team ceremonies (e.g., stand up, sprint planning, demos) and remove blockers for team; serve as team scrum master
- Launch new features, including training of internal teammates, creating documentation, and external / customer-facing activities; answer questions from support team and other stakeholders
- Three years of experience working in a product management capacity
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience using project management tools JIRA and Google Apps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Keen task-tracking and organizational skills
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative; willing to assume responsibility
- Able to problem solve and communicate ideas effectively and quickly
- UX/Design thinking study or experience
- Education experience
- Lean product development experience
- Working knowledge of Agile / Scrum
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Back to top