Social Media Manager
Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech.
While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students. Although we're a technology company, we don't believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it's just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
Amplify New Curriculum is looking for a community manager to both lead the development of a grassroots community of educators as well as engage with existing users to address their questions and glean insight into their usage of Amplify Supplementals and Amplify Science. Specifically, the community manager will manage the social accounts for Amplify ELA and Amplify Math, monitor and engage with interest-based groups to promote Amplify Supplementals, and answer questions that come in via various support channels. The community manager will report to the digital marketing manager for Amplify New Curriculum.
The New Curriculum community manager will:
- Manage the social accounts for Amplify ELA, Amplify Math, and Amplify Science, including posting, responding, and reporting out activity to the product teams
- Cultivate a set of Amplify Supplementals educators who use the products and are willing to engage with the product teams in providing direct feedback on the products
- Collaborate with the marketing director and digital marketing manager on social campaigns to be released throughout the year
- Respond to user inquiries and answer product-related questions that arrive via social, chat, and email channels
- Support pilot activities from recruiting to implementation to reporting out to executive and product teams
- BS/BA degree
- Direct teaching experience in elementary or middle school very desirable.
- Experience with growing and/or supporting online communities
- Direct marketing/communications experience
- Advanced degree in an education-related field
- Well versed in the main social outlets and their unique capabilities
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Ability to proactively engage with educators and connect with them
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Advanced public speaking skills and presence
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Rodney ensures that each new Amplify product and automated feature goes through extensive testing to ensure efficiency before being deemed ready for release to the public.
Back to top