Senior Project Manager, Curriculum Adoptions
A pioneer in K- 12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help all students build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than three million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com .
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the project management of adoption submissions, where Amplify creates a new edition of Amplify ELA for submission in a state adoption process. In this role, the Senior Project Manager will work with stakeholders in marketing, sales, bids, and proposals, implementation, content, and product development ensuring highly effective cross-functional work which delivers each submission on time and in response to state specifications. In addition to the responsibility for curriculum adoptions, the Senior Project Manager will manage the production of content for Amplify ELA including day to day management of digital content, physical kits, and print materials. Work on the curriculum adoptions will take priority over the content production work.
Responsibilities of the Senior Project Manager
- Working with senior product executives, track upcoming adoptions and engage all stakeholders in the long-term planning of custom development work to create a new Edition. Adoption timeline begins with market research prior to the start of development work through submission and initial sales launch
- Create, own and manage overall project plan for state adoption submission for Amplify ELA incorporating at least 6 major work streams (sales, marketing, bids and proposals, implementation, content and product development)
- Working with marketing and content teams, ensure effective market research is completed prior to a State adoption to help drive an informed go/no-go decision, and ensure market research continues through adoption development work (assuming a go decision) and into initial sales launch.
- Identify dependencies, risks and potential blockers. Actively work with project managers for each workstream to remove risks and blockers
- Adjust overall project plan and coordinate with work stream owners to adjust scope as new information is incorporated from sales and market feedback
- Develop risk management plans for all risks that may affect our ability to be successful in the adoption submission
- Work closely curriculum product experts, platform product leaders, and technical leaders to ensure follow-up to and implementation of key decisions in the development of new ELA editions.
- Track individual deliverables, assigning owners and working backward with stakeholders to create internal deadlines.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of state adoption process, state specifications or frameworks, essential pass/fail deliverables and the interplay between the sales timeline and the adoption timeline.
- As appropriate, manage contractors, temps, and consultants that assist with adoption deliverables and ensure their work is of high quality and delivered in accordance with the project due dates.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Fastidious attention to detail
- Proven ability to work across organizations and highly diverse stakeholders with effective project and process management, communication, and leadership
- Must be willing to travel depending on needs of developing a successful bid for state adoptions/RFP
- 5+ years' experience in the role of a project manager using a formal methodology to deliver software through all phases of the project
- Advanced risk management and contingency planning experience
- Solid budget management experience
- Experience managing complex, multi-year technical projects with an annual budget exceeding $1M USD
- Possess strong communication skills, teamwork and interpersonal skills, analytical and problem-solving skills and organization skills
- Proficient in the use of technologies like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project scheduling tool (e.g. MS-Project, Smartsheet)
- Excellent presentation and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a deadline-conscious, results-driven environment
- Five years' experience with K-12 education adoptions
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Rodney ensures that each new Amplify product and automated feature goes through extensive testing to ensure efficiency before being deemed ready for release to the public.
Back to top