Senior Product Manager
Amplify Center for Early Reading (CFER) is harnessing the power of data and coaching to raise the level of performance of districts, teachers and students. CFER provides districts and states across the country with educational assessment and analytic solutions that measure student learning and drive personalized instruction. By making data actionable in real time, our CFER products and services help teachers and administrators assess student progress, adapt to student needs and accelerate student learning.
The Senior Product Manager will take a leadership role in the management of a portfolio of assessment products that generates more than $30M in revenue per year. The SPM will be responsible for market research, analysis, product planning and execution for the development and enhancement of K-6 assessment and instruction products. In this role, the SPM will manage the lifecycle of a product, partnering with other product managers and product owners to develop the vision and develop the long-term plan for the product and to manage tactical execution against that plan. The SPM will coordinate closely personnel from other departments to execute against the plan.
Responsibilities of the Senior Product Manager:
Partners with the K-6 literacy product management team to manage products from concept to retirement, including strategy, planning, product design, development, launch, marketing, production, enhancements, and retirement.
Strategy and Planning
- Thought Leadership – Develops deep knowledge of products and markets to guide decision-making. Subject matter experts on team will contribute their expertise and support candidates who initially have less domain knowledge
- Strategy – Works with stakeholders and product management team to develop product or product line strategy based on a deep understanding of market and competitive landscape
- Roadmap Planning – Works collaboratively to develop the product roadmap and priorities for future development based on market analysis and customers' needs, with an emphasis on creating sustainable competitive advantage
- Business Analysis – Leads quantitative and qualitative business analysis projects to support decision-making. Reports findings and recommendations to senior management. Recent projects include: International opportunity evaluation; pricing study; new product opportunity evaluation
- Management – Responsible executing 1-2 large product development initiatives ($0.5M - $1.5M) at a time and multiple smaller initiatives. This includes end-to-end ownership
- Product Design and Development – Supports Product Owners and Designers to ensure high quality and timely product specifications and designs are developed for the Product Development team
- Sales and Marketing - Works with sales and marketing to develop appropriate sales positioning and approach; supports sales efforts on major accounts. Works with marketing partners to develop product positioning and marketing plans
- Product and Service Delivery – Works to set the direction of a cross-functional product team in of the product and/or service delivery
- Commitment to Quality - Develops the client's position on factors critical to the successful adoption and use of instructional and assessment products; works with internal and external constituents to ensure educational validity of our product and services
Basic Qualifications of the Senior Product Manager:
- Bachelors or advanced degree in education-related field
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- 2-5 years of product management experience
- 1+ years' experience with building and managing technology-based products
- Proficient qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior Product Manager:
- Deep understanding of early literacy, math and/or assessment is very valuable. If not that, then experience in education would be welcome
- MBA or advanced degree in education-related field of study
- Familiarity with Agile SCRUM software development methodology
- Familiarity with the Pragmatic Marketing Framework
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Rodney ensures that each new Amplify product and automated feature goes through extensive testing to ensure efficiency before being deemed ready for release to the public.
Back to top