Senior Marketing and Print Designer
Amplify is re-imagining the way teachers teach and students learn. We enable teachers to manage whole classrooms and, at the same time, empower them to offer more personalized instruction, so that students become more active, engaged learners.
Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students. Although we’re a technology company, we don’t believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it’s just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools. We are looking for a mid-level designer to join our team.
We are a small team serving the exciting needs of a growing curriculum product and educational technology company. You will have opportunities to work on a wide range of design projects for our various marketing campaigns, sales and marketing events, product launches, and print products.
Responsibilities of the Senior Marketing and Print Designer:
- Accountable for leading and/or supporting the conceptual, strategic and design development of multiple small and large scale projects across print and marketing
- Lead the design, content, and production of all marketing materials, including: presentations in Keynote and PowerPoint, digital assets (i.e., web design, webpage creation, and online ads), infographics, emails, posters, handouts, postcards, promotions, newsletters, direct response and other collateral
- Synthesize brand guidelines, user feedback and business objectives to create products and deliverables that excite and delight our customers and users
- Deliver innovative and relevant creative solutions
- Effectively articulate concepts and creative solutions (visually and verbally)
- Collaborate with marketing, content team, product and operations teammates to execute design with excellence
- Develop a deep understanding of our digital product and bring the experience to life through a wide set of marketing materials
- Leverage your strong UI/UX experience to design interactive tools to better market our program to a digital-forward audience
- Refine deliverables by obtaining feedback from managers, stakeholders and designers
- Create and design solutions that support brand and marketing strategy (including budgets and timelines) based on a project brief, creative criteria and expected production values
- Assist with management and coordination of outside vendors including design contractors, illustrators and videographers
- Contribute to and maintain Amplify’s brand guidelines
- Help us create, manage, and distribute design systems that help our team balance the quality and quantity of work we publish
- Make proactive suggestions and contributions towards our effort to ensure all marketing communications across various channels and departments remain consistent and align with strategic marketing goals
- Familiarity and experience with digital design conventions and best-practices as well as traditional print design and production requirements
Basic Qualifications of the Senior Marketing and Print Designer:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years related experience in interactive/mobile/web design
- Proven expertise in graphic design, layout and typography skills
- Proven expertise in Creative Suite
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior Marketing and Print Designer:
- Experience with UX/UI, IA, motion graphics, web design
- Familiarity with game design, storyboarding, creating prototypes (prototyping software tools)
- Comfortable with short development cycles and flexible with shifting priorities
- Knowledge of animation and/or video editing software such as After Effects, Flash, etc
- Illustration and drawing skills
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Back to top