Senior Director, Inventory Operations
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students. Although we're a technology company, we don't believe that our work ends the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it's just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
Amplify's core curriculum products include Amplify Science, a leading K to 8 Science program developed with The Lawrence Hall of Science, Core Knowledge Language Arts, a PreK to 5 literacy program developed with the Core Knowledge Foundation, and Amplify ELA, a unique blended core ELA program for grades 6 to 8. These core programs include a broad range of physical materials including textbooks, workbooks, anthologies, readers, paperbacks, and many different kinds of manipulatives for the Science program.
Amplify Education is looking for a talented and motivated Director of Operations and Production to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is organized and responsible, with a keen sense of leadership. We are seeking someone with a successful background in inventory management, data analysis, reporting and strategic planning.
Supply chain management
- Optimize the kit supply chain, maximizing for flexibility, turn and profitability
- Collaborate with the Sales, Implementation and Product teams to manage optimal flow of receipts, inventory and operations from vendor to customer
- Work closely with vendors to optimize supply chain and reduce end to end development lead times; review invoices from vendors and reconcile discrepancies
- Ensure product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand from customers
- Identify and report on objectives and key results to management; recommend improvement opportunities based on analysis
- Identify risks and opportunities in the supply chain; propose and execute risk mitigation strategies and issue resolutions
- Communicate effectively and regularly with stakeholders about new kit availability
- Create timely and accurate forecasts for kits leveraging historical data, collaborating with Sales, Marketing, and Implementation for additional information about the pipeline, and analyzing shipment history; work closely with Implementation team and vendors to ensure sufficient inventory levels throughout the school year
- Prepare and review monthly inventory forecasts with related analysis; reconcile forecasted kits and financials and identify improvement opportunities to streamline forecast inputs
- Drive improvements to in-stock kit and material levels, inventory planning, and vendor operational improvement
- Provide Sales and Implementation management with forecasting for large customers and key account needs
- Become the subject matter expert on fluctuations in inventory across the school year and advise the Sales and Implementation teams on planning for it
- Communicate with Sales and Implementation teammates about out of stock and replacement materials
- Manage resolution of internally-reported and customer-identified kit issues, working with Implementation, Curriculum teammates and vendors to resolve them
- Drive initiatives to improve process, efficiency, in-stock rates, margins and revenue, leveraging data
- Lead select supply chain projects from start to finish, managing detailed project plans / implementation roadmap and transitioning to owners
- Partner with Curriculum and Product teammates to make future kit composition decisions and influence ultimate product
- 10 years of relevant experience in education publishing or hands-on learning companies
- Demonstrated analytical, strategic and creative problem solving skills
- Supply chain and or planning experience
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Enthusiastic self-starter, ready to roll up your sleeves and dive into the products and inventory
- Ability to think and react in a high energy and fast paced environment.
- Passion for sharing findings and actionable insights
- Collaborative and excited to work with many different teams across the company
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Rodney ensures that each new Amplify product and automated feature goes through extensive testing to ensure efficiency before being deemed ready for release to the public.
Back to top