Reading Tutor- Baltimore City (Contract)
- Gambrills, MD
A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
Amplify has provided core curriculum, intervention resources, digital assessments, and high-impact coaching and professional development to support data-driven instruction among K-12 educators for nearly two decades.
Among its services, Amplify works in close partnership with Baltimore City Public Schools to offer small group reading tutoring. Students in Kindergarten through Third Grade will meet virtually with a Reading Tutor throughout the school year to build early literacy skills and close the achievement gap. Tutors will be trained in Amplify's small group tutoring intervention program and assessment.
The Reading Tutor will play a critical role in supporting small groups of growing readers virtually, multiple times a week. Reporting to the Manager of Tutoring Services, the Tutor will use Amplify's small group tutoring intervention program to deliver tutoring sessions virtually and monitor students' progress.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, results-driven individual who enjoys working with young children and developing learning skills through game-like activities. The individual must provide consistent, outstanding support to students and be a strong communicator with parents and teachers. They will combine a capacity for technology and strong relationship-building skills.
**While this part-time position is virtual, it is preferable that the Reading Tutor reside within the greater Baltimore area and be a member of the Baltimore community.
- Provide direct, virtual tutoring services to small groups of students in grades Kindergarten through Third Grade, multiple times per week, throughout the school year
- Monitor progress of students' reading ability virtually to determine if tutoring instruction is working or needs adjustments
- Prepare for virtual tutoring sessions based on provided small group lesson plans
- Implement feedback from program manager
- Communicate clearly and consistently with teachers and parents on student goals and achievements
- Attend synchronous or asynchronous bi-weekly tutor meetings with project manager
- Attend and engage during virtual training and onboarding
- Contribute to project-level feedback and reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Fluent English speaker
- High School level proficiency with reading competencies
- Proficient with technology (GoogleMeet, Google Docs, online platforms)
- Enjoys working with Kindergarten through Third Grade students
- Available for part time assignments from 9 to 30 hours per week with reliable and consistent schedule throughout the 2020-2021 school year
- Experience preparing and leading instructional activities or games with small groups of children (ideally virtually)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with parents, teachers, and program manager
• Tutoring experience
• Knowledge of early reading skills
We celebratediversityand are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from adiversecandidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Back to top