Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students. Although we're a technology company, we don't believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it's just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
Responsibilities of the Psychometrician:
- Collaborate with domain experts in developing a framework for modeling student achievement and growth for specific curricular units;
- Participate in the development of complex assessment tasks;
- Prototype and build measurement models in software;
- Explore and identify opportunities to employ new methodologies in curriculum development;
- Write and deliver for a broad-ranging audience reports and presentations that describe technical characteristics of assessments;
- Provide technical leadership deploying robust psychometric models and analytic techniques as new requirements and architectures evolve;
- Develop requirements to support complex and evolving measurement layer, working in conjunction with software architects.
Basic Qualifications of the Psychometrician:
- Ph.D. in a relevant field (Quantitative Psychology, Statistics, Education, etc.)
- 2+ years of applied knowledge of the foundations of psychometrics including classical test theory, item response theory, structural equation modeling, mixed-effects modeling
- Proven ability to learn the relevant science, including skills development, developmental psychology, or cognitive psychology
- Proven knowledge of at least one scientific programming environment: R, Python, Stata, Matlab scripting
Preferred Qualifications of the Psychometrician:
- Experience in developing formative assessments in Science
- Experience working on collaborative teams including SME
- Philosophical orientation towards learning progressions and progress variables
- Proven ability to learn new programming tools, particularly R and the TAM package
- Proven ability to write and present for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to deliver expert solutions for real world applications
- Knowledge of Diagnostic Classification Models and MIRT
- Demonstrated application of software development methodology and protocols
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Rodney ensures that each new Amplify product and automated feature goes through extensive testing to ensure efficiency before being deemed ready for release to the public.
Back to top