Professional Learning Specialist, Science - New Mexico, Part-Time
A pioneer in K- 12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help all students build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than three million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com .
Amplify is reimagining the way teachers teach and students learn. We believe technology can empower classroom teachers to offer more personalized instruction and accelerate the potential of individual students to become more active, engaged learners. Come and work with us!
In partnership with the Lawrence Hall of Science (University of California, Berkeley), Amplify Science was created as a brand new, research-driven, digitally enhanced curriculum for Grades K-8 that comprehensively addresses the vision described in the NRC Framework for K-12 Science Education, including the three dimensions of the Next Generation Science Standards.
Students inhabit the role of scientists and engineers throughout each unit. Through rich, multi-modal experiences and authentic problem-solving, Amplify Science will help teachers develop the next generation of students to be critical scientists and thoughtful citizens. If you love to teach students the power of scientific inquiry, and you get excited about the intersection of technology in the classroom, then consider applying to be an Amplify Science Professional Learning Specialist.
Our Specialists deliver Professional Learning experiences and workshops that assist districts, schools, and teachers in planning for and implementing high-quality science instruction aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards as well as Florida's Next Generation Sunshine State Standards.
Your job will be to teach and coach teachers who are using the Amplify Science products in their classrooms. Your goal will be to help them make the Amplify Science Implementation a success in their classrooms inspiring high engagement and significant student learning.
We are looking for people who enjoy connecting with adult learners and care about impacting education; who have the ability to travel, handle multiple projects/schools and are team players.
***This is a part-time position for candidates located in the New Mexico
Responsibilities of the Professional Learning Specialist:
- Travel to schools regularly to deliver services and build strong academic relationships
- Work with teachers and administrators to align the Science curriculum with school/district curriculum objectives
- Facilitate Professional Learning workshops for groups of up to 30 teachers
- Conduct coaching sessions (in-person and remote) for up to 6 teachers and/or leadership team members
- Demonstrate strong andragogical, pedagogical, content and technology integration knowledge in workshops and classroom settings
- Conduct remote Professional Learning workshops for up to 15 teachers
- Provide coaching support to individual and small groups of classroom teachers by modeling, co-teaching, observing, and providing focused feedback.
- Analyze student work and formative assessment data (anecdotal and program data) to provide coaching support around instructional decision-making and responsiveness to learner outcomes
- Coach school leadership teams to draft and facilitate professional learning plans using relevant data such as survey, observation, performance and/or program usage reports
- Articulate and apply effective strategies that enhance equity of learning for diverse student populations; experience with Students with Disabilities and English Learners
- Maintain current information regarding the status of a school's implementation for internal and external reporting inclusive of daily and quarterly reporting
- Actively participate in team meetings and internal training opportunities
- Demonstrate understanding and compassion for the role of the teacher/s and their comfort with technology integration in the classroom
- Collaborate with and maintain a highly effective customer service relationship with Lawrence Hall of Science and other Amplify stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree of Education
- 3+ years of K-8 classroom Science teaching experience
- Experience delivering professional development for teachers; coaching experience
- Passionate about Science and knowledge of NGSS
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven efficacy in time management while facilitating multiple engagements; demonstrates business acumen
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in technology integration in workshops and in the classroom
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology-based productivity tools such as Microsoft, Google Applications, etc...)
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs. (transporting and demonstrating labs from science kits)
- Able to travel required within and outside of territory
- Master's Degree of Education
- Proven knowledge of current Science instruction and NGSS Standards
- Instructional leadership experience
- Experience analyzing data and using it to inform practice
- Curriculum Development Experience
- Current Licensure
- Biliteracy a plus (Spanish)
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Back to top