Professional Development Facilitator, ELA - Baltimore, MD
A pioneer in K- 12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help all students build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than three million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com .
Amplify ELA is a rigorous and riveting digital ELA curriculum for Middle Schools, which provides teachers with a scope and sequence aligned to the College and Career Readiness Standards and students with an interactive learning experience that will ignite a passion for reading and writing. Students read complex and engaging texts with leveled supports, and deepen their understanding of the text by regular writing and targeted and timely feedback from their teachers.
Students and teachers work on devices (laptops, desktops or tablets) connected through a shared platform. Students do all of their assignments on the platform, and teachers can see their progress and provide feedback in real time.
We are looking for experienced teacher coaches who are passionate about reading and writing; can prioritize needs across multiple projects/schools; and are team players.
Your job will be to train and coach Baltimore teachers and school leaders throughout the year to help them implement Amplify ELA successfully in their classrooms. You will help teachers to refine their instructional practices and ultimately, to improve student outcomes.
If you love to teach students the power of reading and writing, and you get excited about the intersection of technology in the classroom, then consider applying to be an Amplify ELA Professional Development Facilitator.
* Please note this is a part-time, temporary position. Exact days are flexible but must have availability during school hours.
** This role is remote and not located at either of our two home office locations.
Responsibilities of the Professional Development Facilitator:
- Coach middle school teachers and school leaders across four to five schools in Baltimore City
- Travel to schools regularly to deliver services and build strong relationships
- Work with teachers and school leaders to integrate the Amplify ELA curriculum with school/district instructional priorities
- Facilitate workshops for groups of up to 30 teachers
- Conduct coaching sessions (in-person and remote) for up to 15 teachers
- Provide support to individual classroom teachers by modeling, co-teaching, observing, and providing feedback.
- Discuss student writing and analyze data to drive student achievement
- Model targeted written feedback and formative assessment with teachers and administrators.
- Coach school leadership teams to provide support for teachers
- Maintain current information regarding status of a school's implementation for internal and external reporting
- Write, review and create professional development and teacher materials
- Participate in Amplify ELA team meetings and internal trainings
- Local travel within Baltimore required
- Option to coach and facilitate professional development beyond Baltimore if interested
Basic Qualifications of the Professional Development Facilitator:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3 years of ELA teaching experience
- Experience delivering professional development for teachers
- Must be within driving distance of Baltimore, MD and available during school hours
Preferred Qualifications of the Professional Development Facilitator:
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of current ELA instruction and Common Core ELA Standards
- Experience analyzing data and using it to inform practice
- Instructional leadership experience
- Coaching or mentoring experience
- Experience leading and juggling multiple simultaneous projects
- Understanding of and compassion for the role of teachers in adopting new curriculum and technology
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Back to top