Product Designer, Math
- Flexible / Remote
A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
As a member of Amplify's design group you will partner with a cross-functional product team comprised of designers, product owners, application developers, and curriculum experts to develop Amplify's new digital Math curriculum program by crafting apps and end-to-end experiences that enable teachers to save time, extend their reach, and enhance their understanding of each student.
***This is a temporary, 3 month contract position.
- Lead / drive UX problem solving and design compelling user experiences and interfaces for new math-based educational applications.
- Collaborate with Project Lead and Product Researcher in conducting initial user research. Utilize findings to create initial designs and rapid prototypes to stand up for user testing.
- Participate in classroom testing and integrate feedback into rounds of design iteration.
- Design clear user flows, wireframes, and interaction models for teacher and student experiences.
- Prepare and present mockups and wireframes for review to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Develop final front end designs for handoff to developers.
- 3+ years working toward digital product innovation, user interface design, or experience working with data, design, and technology.
- Strong interaction design and information architecture skills.
- Strong, effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, and listening).
- Expertise with Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision, Zeplin.
- Experience with Agile processes.
- Experience designing desktop and mobile apps.
- Knowledge of best practices for digital user Accessibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work iteratively with customers to gather and document user experience requirements.
- A formal education in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, User Experience or related field.
- Experience with educational content or technology.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Back to top