Product Designer, Core Curriculum
Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students. Although we're a technology company, we don't believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it's just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
Amplify's creative team:
Amplify's creative team is a group of artists, storytellers, and designers. We sketch, we push pixels, we also love paper, we live for the big ideas, and we sweat the details. We work on assignments for digital, print, environmental, interactive and video projects. Our creative team has a strong hands-on and highly collaborative approach to both product development and graphic design systems. The creative team ensures ideas are realized to the highest standards of execution.
We are seeking a visionary Product Designer to lead innovation through research and design.
You are a hybrid researcher and designer. You facilitate conversations and clearly document your finding to reach a true understanding of our users. You then work independently to envision solutions to problems and pathways to opportunities through thoughtful experience design. You will be located in our Brooklyn office.
● Partner with product stakeholders to innovate with new products and develop and evolve our existing set of products
● Get out into the real-world to meet our users in person to truly understand their wants and needs
● Drive positive internal awareness of design trends, brand standards and processes, through a design culture of open collaboration, accessibility, and knowledge sharing.
● Mentor (not necessarily manage!) members of the design team who are trying to develop their research and UX design skills.
● Translate user problems and needs into elegant solutions and simple flows that will delight them
● Create prototypes of your ideas and iterate on them with users and internal stakeholders to arrive at the best solution
● Partner with PMs, engineers, designers and content partners to oversee the user experience of a product from conception through launch and then live in the world
● An exceptional portfolio demonstrating UX design with a look into your process
● 6+ years creative design experience
● Strategic vision, and a demonstrated record of delivering successful projects
● Exceptional written/verbal communication, and the ability to skillfully advocate for a particular design approach, achieving buy-in from all levels of stakeholders across the org
● Self-motivation and proactive drive: you think ahead, enjoy a good challenge, and are a pro at balancing competing priorities to deliver great work within time-sensitive deadlines
● Demonstrated ability to successfully partner cross-functionally, building trust and rapport, as well as manage and motivate the internal product team
● Analytical skills and focused attention to detail, plus a knack for communicating complex technical concepts in simple and widely-accessible terms
● Ability to gracefully give, receive, and incorporate candid feedback, as well as approach design thinking from the systems-level and lead pattern-level design critiques
● Awareness of current design and digital media best practices
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Rodney ensures that each new Amplify product and automated feature goes through extensive testing to ensure efficiency before being deemed ready for release to the public.
Back to top