- Flexible / Remote
A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
Amplify's creative team is a group of designers, artists, and storytellers. We sketch, we write, we push pixels, we also love paper. We live for the big ideas, and we sweat the details. We work on digital, print, environmental, interactive, and animation projects. We have a strong hands-on and highly collaborative approach to both product development and graphic design systems and ensure ideas are realized to the highest standards of execution.
Product Designers at Amplify ELA create smart and meaningful product experiences that directly meet the needs of our young learners and their teachers, inside and outside of the classroom. As a member of Amplify's design group you will partner with a diverse cross-functional product team of designers, product owners, developers, and curriculum experts to extend and improve Amplify's English Language Arts curriculum.
Responsibilities of the Product Designer:
- Lead problem solving and design to drive compelling user experiences and interfaces for early literacy digital education
- Develop user stories, wire frames, interaction flows, mockups, and quick prototypes as well as polished visual design
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product Leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product
- Gather user research and utilize findings to create initial designs and rapid prototypes for iterative user testing with teachers and students
- Think holistically and contribute to high-level product strategy
- Prepare and present designs for review to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Develop polished front end designs for handoff to developers
Basic Qualificationsof the Product Designer:
- 5+ years experience with end-to-end digital product design
- Deep understanding of how qualitative research and data inform product and design decisions
- Strong visual design and typographic sensibility
- Interaction design expertise and experience collaborating with engineers
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, and listening)
- Comfortable with collaborative discussion, listening closely and providing honest, thoughtful feedback to colleagues
- Expertise with Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision, Zeplin
- Experience with Agile processes
- Experience designing desktop and mobile experiences
Preferred Qualificationsof the Product Designer:
- Experience with digital product design in education technology or a related field
- Enthusiasm for contributing to the landscape of literacy education
- Experience designing with Accessibility as a priority
- Demonstrated ability to work iteratively with customers to gather and document user experience requirements
- A formal education in Interaction Design, Communication Design, User Experience or related field
- Experience with interactive motion design or games
- Any lived experience with teaching or tutoring students ages K-12
We celebratediversityand are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from adiversecandidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Back to top