Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students - on early literacy development. Although we're a technology company, we don't believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it's just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
Amplify is seeking an enthusiastic Playtesting Intern to join our team this summer/fall to support the development of early literacy game-like apps through playtesting and piloting.
Our ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, a love for digital products, and be an eager team player willing to help out and learn. The Playtesting Intern should also be excited about education and building great products. We're looking for someone to commit 20-30 hours a week, largely in the afternoon, through September.
- Coordinate playtesting sessions with parents and academic programs
- Work with Product Managers and Designers to determine a plan for testing new features
- Create activities to increase student engagement and participation in testing sessions
- Occasionally supervise participants and their parents/siblings in between session activities
- Support playtesting and pilot recruiting efforts
- Work with the Marketing Department to increase pilot and product awareness
- Work with Product Managers to create customer-facing documentation about the product
- Basic administrative tasks
- Currently enrolled in an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree program, or a recent graduate
- Knowledge of and interest in education
- Background in early childhood education
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Friendly – must be comfortable supporting the product team by interacting directly with them and other teammates
- Ability to think critically about usability and suggest strategic improvements for content organization
- Diligent work ethic with a desire to expand skill set
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced agile startup environment
- Detail-oriented, proactive and enthusiastic, with an ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Dev Tools Team
Danny builds the tools that Amplify developers use to create app features for students across the country, as well as to solve any internal issues his fellow employees might be experiencing.
Back to top