Part Time Literacy Consultant – K-5
Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students - on early literacy development. Although we're a technology company, we don't believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it's just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
The Literacy Consultant will be part of Amplify's Professional Services Team, which supports schools in the use of Amplify's curriculum methodology, Core Knowledge Language Arts (CKLA), the Common Core State Standards, and proven instructional strategies to boost student reading achievement. Experience with Core Knowledge Language Arts/Core Knowledge Foundation sequence is preferred.
We are looking for educators based in the NYC (or Tri-state) area who are able and willing to travel to local partner schools and are available to provide high quality professional learning services on part-time basis (approximately 10-20 hours per month).
Responsibilities of the Literacy Consultant:
- Facilitate CKLA initial training plus follow-up sessions as needed within the NYC area
- Through onsite school visits, support and coach K-5 teachers and school leadership teams in implementing CKLA curriculum, analyzing data, and using data to inform instruction
- Support instructional coaches and data coaches with implementation of the CKLA curriculum
- Model whole group and small group literacy instruction using CKLA
- Participate in Amplify's consultant certification process
- 5+ years of successful teaching experience in a K-5 classroom
- Bachelor's degree and K-5 teaching certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective instructional strategies and practices, including methods of differentiating instruction and fostering student engagement
- Demonstrated ability to model effective instruction for whole class and small groups
- Experience with cognitive coaching, meeting facilitation, and adult training
- Demonstrated data analysis skills
- Experience and comfort with using a variety of digital resources
- Ability to interact with participants, audibly present, and engage for 6-8 hours at a time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of instructional materials.
- Masters of Education
- Experience with Core Knowledge Language Arts/Core Knowledge Foundation sequence
- Reading certification
- Instructional leadership experience
- Experience teaching and working with diverse populations
- Passion for education and ongoing professional development
- Superior presentation and communication skills
- Personable, outgoing, and self motivated team player
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Dev Tools Team
Danny builds the tools that Amplify developers use to create app features for students across the country, as well as to solve any internal issues his fellow employees might be experiencing.
Back to top