MS ELA Teacher Trainer, Contractor
Amplify is re-imagining the way teachers teach and students learn. We enable teachers to manage whole classrooms and, at the same time, empower them to offer more personalized instruction, so that students become more active, engaged learners.
Amplify is reimagining the way teachers teach and students learn. We believe technology can empower classroom teachers to offer more personalized instruction, and accelerate the potential of individual students to become more active, engaged learners. Come and work with us!
Amplify has created a rigorous and riveting digital ELA curriculum for Middle Schools that provides teachers with a scope and sequence aligned to the College- and Career Readiness Standards and students with an interactive learning experience that will ignite a passion for reading and writing. Students read complex and engaging texts with leveled supports, and deepen their understanding of the text by regular writing and targeted and timely feedback from their teachers. Students and teachers work on devices (laptops, desktops or tablets) connected through a shared platform. Students do all of their assignments on the platform, and teachers can see their progress and provide feedback in real time.
If you love to teach students the power of reading and writing, and you get excited about the intersection of technology in the classroom, then consider applying to be an ELA Senior Trainer for Amplify.
Your job will be to train and coach teachers throughout the year to help them make the Amplify ELA implementation a success in their classrooms and to work with other PD team members to create professional development experiences and materials. This is a Part Time, Temporary role.
We are looking for people who love reading and writing; who can travel and are flexible with your time; who can handle multiple projects/schools; who have a great sense of humor; and who are team players.
Responsibilities of the ELA Trainer:
- Travel to schools regularly to deliver services and build strong relationships
- Work with teachers/admins to integrate the ELA curriculum with school/ district curriculum objectives
- Facilitate workshops for groups of up to 30 teachers
- Conduct coaching sessions (in-person and remote) for up to 15 teachers
- Provide support to individual classroom teachers by modeling, co-teaching, observing, and providing feedback.
- Discuss student writing and analyze data to drive student achievement
- Model targeted written feedback and formative assessment with teachers and administrators.
- Coach school leadership teams to provide support for teachers
- Maintaining current information regarding status of a school’s implementation for internal and external reporting
- Write, review and create professional development and teacher materials
- Participate in ELA team meetings and internal trainings
- Some travel required
- Masters of Education degree
- 3+ years of ELA teaching experience
- Proven knowledge of current ELA instruction and Common Core ELA Standards
- Experience creating and delivering professional development for teachers
- Instructional leadership experience
- Experience analyzing data and using it to inform practice
- Passionate about reading and writing instruction.
- Understanding and compassion for the role of the teachers and their comfort with technology
- Strong interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Ability to manage own time and juggle multiple projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Coaching or mentoring experience
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Back to top