Manager, Bids and Proposals
The Manager of Bids & Proposals will source procurement opportunities and lead the preparation and submission of winning proposals. In this role, the Manager of Bids & Proposals will work with Amplify Education's various lines of business to help respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotations (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs)
The position involves researching, writing, and producing a high volume of client-facing documentation on behalf of Amplify in support of an array of innovative education products. This role will successfully communicate and collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders including, Legal, Sales, Product leads and other subject matter experts, as needed - and thus, is a highly visible role.
The Manager of Bids and Proposals will lead a small team, exhibiting strong writing skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to generate creative ideas while working both independently and collaboratively. The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter, multitasker who works well under pressure, and follows through on tasks. We are looking for a strong team member who leads by example and keeps the team informed of changes.
Responsibilities of the Manager of Bids & Proposals:
- Plan, research, develop, and edit complex content for proposals in response to customer solicitations
- Act as the central point of contact on assigned proposals, and lead and guide the work of the Bids and Proposals team
- Monitor for relevant competitive procurement opportunities, managing the bid opportunities pipeline and circulating opportunities to the appropriate stakeholders
- Lead and/or support the development and submission of winning bid responses by working with the Bids team, internal experts and contractors, as required
- Research and gather information to include corporate information, product information, and other standard materials
- Maintain, augment and improve library of reusable components, templates, and processes to reduce response time and improve quality on future bids
- Inform product strategy research performed by the Bids & Proposals Executive Director
Basic Qualifications of the Manager of Bids & Proposals:
- BS/BA degree, or equivalent in relevant experience
- 2+ years' experience with either K-12 education OR RFP responses and/or large-scale grant applications
- Proven ability to work across organizations with effective communication, leadership, and project management skills
Preferred Qualifications of the Manager of Bids & Proposals:
- Proven attention to detail
- Excellent writing, grammar, and spelling ability
- Strong understanding of the K-12 education market
- Excellent presentation and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a deadline-conscious, results-driven environment
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Dev Tools Team
Danny builds the tools that Amplify developers use to create app features for students across the country, as well as to solve any internal issues his fellow employees might be experiencing.
Back to top