Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students. Although we're a technology company, we don't believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it's just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
The Impact Analyst seeks empirical answers to essential questions about Amplify's curriculum and assessment products. Are student succeeding? How is success evaluated? Under what conditions are students most successful? How might schools make more effective use of Amplify products?
The Impact Analyst will operate at the interface between school implementation, measurement science, and technology. The hired candidate will develop expert knowledge of the content and pedagogy of the relevant products, and of how schools, in practice, deploy these products. The Impact Analyst will query, analyze, and report on data in Amplify's data warehouse systems to address questions for Amplify's school partners around student success.
The ideal candidate will also act as a tireless advocate of data-informed decision-making, and therefore for the open availability of tools for data analysis across the organization.
Responsibilities of the Impact Analyst:
- Apply data, content and customer expertise and research to inform our product roadmaps and champion the role of impact in product decisions
- Collect, compile, analyze, and report data from various data sources, including a large data warehouse.
- Produce high quality data reporting and analyses to help school partners understand and act upon their data.
- Investigate and document measurement instruments and practices (e.g. formative, interim and summative assessments) in use in school systems.
- Contribute data analyses to reports, case studies, and white papers, for internal consumption by Amplify staff and our external school partners.
- Assist school-based partners in getting the most from Amplify products by analyzing patterns of usage.
Qualifications of the Impact Analyst:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline required.
- Coursework in basic statistics and research methods required.
- Experience in the analysis of secondary data sets from the social sciences.
- Knowledge of statistical methods.
- Experience working with tools for quantitative research and statistics passages, with a preference for experience with R.
- Experience using data visualization tools.
- Strong writing skills in English.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Solid knowledge of research methods.
- Experience working with programming languages (SQL and Python preferred).
- Flexible, curious disposition; openness to acquiring new tools and techniques.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Rodney ensures that each new Amplify product and automated feature goes through extensive testing to ensure efficiency before being deemed ready for release to the public.
Back to top