A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
The Human Resources Business Partner will provide leadership for the Human Capital area of the company. This highly visible role will partner with business leaders across the organization to develop, iterate and execute a people strategy which is connected to the company, business and HR team objectives.
You will be instinctive enough to jump on critical business issues & opportunities when you see them, fearless enough to get operational items resolved, and savvy enough to work with all levels within the organization. You will help to elevate management and leadership capacity by truly understanding needs and perspectives. You will build strong, respectful relationships and overcome obstacles with fortitude. You will influence the right outcomes for the business grounded in data, helping to elevate Amplify's employment brand and distinct culture.
In addition to owning the relationship with the business leader, the HR Business Partner may own programs that span across the broader HR team. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial competitive position, its strategic business plans, its culture and its competition.
This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to have immediate impact on a complex and fast-paced business, and own responsibilities over a range of interesting and challenging initiatives.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, develop, and inspire in a high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Understand business goals. Design and implement new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
- Provide general HR leadership and guidance to managers and employees in the areas of performance management, talent development, objective setting, coaching, staffing issues, employee relations, compensation, and organizational development.
- Provide coaching, counseling, and conflict resolution; supporting managers on documenting and communicating performance feedback
- Oversee and execute on key year-end processes, including compensation, promotions, talent reviews and performance management.
- Understand the entire talent system and each stage of the employee lifecycle and apply that understanding to craft integrated solutions that are thoughtful and reinforced by upstream and downstream talent programs
- Be solutions focused, proactive and comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Operate with autonomy and discretion
- Have a true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Partner closely with business leaders to manage headcount and staffing budgets on an ongoing basis, as well as working on compensation and headcount projects.
- Participate in the implementation of Human Resources policies, programs, practices, and processes and communicating so employees and managers clearly understand purpose and expectations.
- Support diversity and inclusion; and the recruiting, development and retention of diverse employees throughout all HR processes.
- Participate in and manage HR projects as needed
Basic Qualifications of the HR Business Partner:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, or related discipline
- 7+ years of progressive business/human resources generalist experience including recruitment, employee relations, organizational development, compensation and employment law
- Experience creating influential partnerships with middle and senior management to execute the HR strategies that foster organizational and people effectiveness
- Demonstrated understanding of business priorities and translating them into an HR agenda that supports the growth of the business
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and establish rapport with all levels of a company
Preferred Qualifications of the HR Business Partner:
- Startup technology company experience highly preferred
- Strong consultative style with proven experience supporting senior business leaders
- Ability and willingness to challenge decisions and coach while maintaining long term relationships
- Strong conflict resolution skills with the ability to deliver results
- Proven oral and written communication abilities with the demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues
- Ability to lead presentations and discussions with senior business leaders.
- Ability to travel as required by the needs of the business
We celebratediversityand are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from adiversecandidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.