HR Business Partner
Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students - on early literacy development. Although we're a technology company, we don't believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it's just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
We're looking for a dynamic HR professional who gets excited by big questions and hard problems and who will partner to support and scale our business located at our DUMBO, Brooklyn headquarters. The Amplify HR team works hard to set a high bar and collaborate with employees across the company to get things done. We are a team and believe in growing well-balanced HR professionals. We share the workload, cross-train everyone on the team, support each other, and help each other succeed.
- Partner closely with Vice President of Human Resources supporting the business in region to deliver on the global people strategy and operational plan
- Offer thought-leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution
- Provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions
- Serve as primary point of contact for managers and actively respond to and address concerns in a timely, cost efficient manner
- Escalate issues/concerns to HR leadership as appropriate
- Collaborate with HR leadership and Legal as needed to address complex or highly sensitive issues
- Conduct complete investigations and make recommendations based on findings/facts
- Assist with the annual employee engagement survey administration, analysis of reports and departmental action-planning
- Assist with the facilitation of the bi-annual performance review process including developing timelines, employee communications, and reporting
- Answer general employee benefits questions; escalate to US HR Leadership or insurance broker as needed
- Provide benefits information to new hires
- Maintain all HR policies, ensuring new policies are reviewed and approved by Legal and communicated to all employees
- Conduct exit interviews, performing analysis on feedback and reporting findings and recommendations to Director of HR
- Track and analyze basic HR metrics such as turnover, exit interview and new hire feedback, employee survey data, etc. to analyze trends
What you'll need:
- 4-6 years of HR Generalist, HRBP, or HR Specialist experience or some combination thereof
- Strong interpersonal, communication, follow-up, problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- Familiar with employment law
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Self-starter able to take initiative within a fast paced, agile environment
- Able to adapt to frequent change and manage competing demands
- Able to work with internal clients of all levels
- Strong interest in developing within the HR function
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong teamwork skills
- A BA/BS degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field is preferred
- Computer savvy (experience with Microsoft Office and working with HRIS systems - WorkDay preferable)
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Dev Tools Team
Danny builds the tools that Amplify developers use to create app features for students across the country, as well as to solve any internal issues his fellow employees might be experiencing.
Back to top