HR Benefits Specialist
Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students - on early literacy development. Although we're a technology company, we don't believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it's just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
We're looking for a dynamic Benefits professional who gets excited by big questions and hard problems and who will partner collaboratively to support our business located at our DUMBO, Brooklyn headquarters. The Amplify HR team works hard to set a high bar and collaborate with employees across the company to get things done. We are a team and believe in growing well-balanced HR professionals. We share the workload, cross-train everyone on the team, support each other, and help each other succeed.
- Partner closely with Vice President of Human Resources to ensure effective administration of our Amplify employee benefits and retirement program
- Offer thought-leadership regarding benefits strategy and execution
- Provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions
Benefit Plan Administration:
- Review all the company's benefits plans, policies, and procedures and ensure legal compliance with government regulations
- Assist in vendor management through reviewing reports, conducting performance meetings, and ensuring compliance with plan provisions
- Coordinate benefit plan documents and summary plan descriptions.
- Participate in the budget allocation of benefits plan
- Communicate benefit program plan options, features and enrollment requirements for all health and welfare and 401(k) plans; assisting team members with benefit claim administration inquiries
- Collaborate with HR leadership as needed to address complex or highly sensitive benefit related issues
- Work closely with our Benefits broker to manage and review usage data, reviewing reports, conduct performance meetings, and ensure compliance with plan provisions
- Answer general employee benefits questions; escalate to US HR Leadership or insurance broker as needed
What you'll need:
- 4-6 years of Benefits experience or some combination thereof
- Strong interpersonal, communication, follow-up, problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- Familiar with employment law
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Self-starter able to take initiative within a fast paced, agile environment
- Able to adapt to frequent change and manage competing demands
- Able to work with internal clients of all levels
- Strong interest in developing within the HR function
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong teamwork skills
- A BA/BS degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field is preferred
- Computer savvy (experience with Microsoft Office and working with HRIS systems - WorkDay preferable)
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Rodney ensures that each new Amplify product and automated feature goes through extensive testing to ensure efficiency before being deemed ready for release to the public.
Back to top