Full Stack Web Developer
We help educational and philanthropic organizations accomplish the extraordinary.
ProjectEd is a mission-driven consulting company dedicated to helping educational and philanthropic organizations improve their fields with exceptional services and products.
Our team has proven expertise in education: researching and analyzing educational software, developing curriculum content and tools, and selling educational products to school districts across the country. This expertise, as well as our deep artistic and professional resources, position us to be a comprehensive solution for any organization.
Our Mission: We exist to identify organizations in education and philanthropy with exceptional vision and passion, and to use our skills to help those organizations meet their goals.
Responsibilities of the Full Stack Web Developer :
- Contribute to ProjectEd client deliverables by developing, maintaining, and scaling existing platforms as part of an agile cross-functional team
- Continually improve our codebase following software engineering best practices by participating in team code reviews and contributing to automated testing
- Collaborate with server side engineers in defining and improving current or new features
- Collaborate with design team members in an effort to deliver better user interface and experience, as well as creating preliminary models of new features and proof-of-concept prototypes
- Support continuous delivery of features by participating in software releases
Basic Qualifications of the Full Stack Web Developer:
- 3+ years of server-side development experience (e.g. PHP v.5, Ruby on Rails v.5, Java)
- Proven experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of responsive web design
- Demonstrated understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience with browser Developer Tools (debugger, console, inspector)
- Experience with open source libraries such as jQuery, Twitter Bootstrap, ReactJS
- Portfolio of professional and/or personal work
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
Preferred Qualifications of the Full Stack Web Developer :
- Experience with Ruby/Ruby on Rails
- Experience with RESTful services
- Experience with server- and client-side automated testing frameworks (e.g. JUnit, Jasmine, Protractor, Cucumber, etc.)
- Proven ability to follow and promote coding best practices
- Able to communicate with both design and development teams
- Experience with source control tools such as Git
- Understanding of MVC architectural software development pattern
- Experience with large code base and working with external vendors
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile methodologies
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
English Language Learner Specialist
Amber oversees the product development of Amplify’s English learner initiatives, creating unique new strategies to support students throughout the entire program.
Back to top