Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
- New York, NY
A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
Amplify's Finance and Operations team is expanding to meet the needs of the rapidly growing business. The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager will identify and understand crucial business drivers, using finance metrics to support business growth opportunities. This person is responsible for consolidating and effectively communicating this information to key partners across the business by informing leadership and guiding department objectives. The FP&A Manager will work closely with the Senior Director of Finance and Strategy.
This person is proactive and thrives in a fast paced environment. Strong attention to detail and outstanding communication skills are crucial to the success of this work.
Responsibilities of the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager :
- Support the budgeting process by leading the analytical work and communicating with key partners/ leadership to gather bottom-up assumptions for each department by expense type (Labor, Temp, Vendors, TME)
- Provide accurate and timely monthly expense reports and assist managers with reclassifications
- Calculate and report monthly Sales Commissions to ensure accuracy and timely payments on a quarterly basis
- Participate & contribute to the company's financial and strategic planning processes as needed with focus on gross margins
- Collaborate with departments and General Managers developing ad-hoc analysis to support business growth opportunities
- Develop a deep understanding of Amplify's products, and K-12 Education market
- Identify cost efficiencies and assist our team with financial analytics to support vendor negotiations and spend forecasts
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the Board and executive team, including supporting analysis to contextualize performance
- Monitor sales pipeline and organizational bookings, including conducting follow-up activity with sales organization and business leaders
- Ensure financial management reporting systems and processes are in place to support the ongoing and future needs of the business including the Accounting team in their preparation of the monthly financial statements and management reporting package and their review of divisional and client operating results with respective business leaders
Basic Qualifications of the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager :
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering and other business or quantitative programs
- 5+ years of experience in a corporate FP&A or Finance/Accounting department
- P&L budgeting and forecasting experience
- Advanced financial modeling skills, from understanding and iterating on existing analyses to building out complex models from scratch
- Advanced IT software skills, Excel, Words, Power Point, and ERP systems
Preferred Qualifications of the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager :
- Advanced forecasting revenue, SaaS modeling, and 3-statements modeling skills
- Specialist in Salesforce, Tableau, Netsuite, GSheets
- Experience supervising a team
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Back to top