Executive Director, Product
Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students. Although we're a technology company, we don't believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it's just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
In this role, you will lead our product vision, strategy, and execution across products. You are excited about the challenge of bringing together a compelling portfolio of digital products and creating the best possible experiences for our users across them. As a leader in the product organization, you will also help take our practices and team to the next level, including team development, product development practices and culture, user research, and cross-functional collaboration, all as part of our learning culture.
Responsibilities of the Executive Director, Product:
- Serve as the champion for your vision, products, and teams within the company
- Be obsessed with your users. Know what makes them happy and what drives learning outcomes in the classroom
- Serve as the product leader across a group of products and the shared experiences across the them. Set and articulate product principles and advocate for them with teams. Create roadmaps
- Participate in business unit strategy setting, drawing on product expertise, customer research, competitive landscape, and intimate knowledge of the product development process
- Continuously evaluate the competitive and partner landscape and products for new trends, competitive threats, and growth opportunities
- Partner with key leaders across the organization to identify and scope new initiatives, develop rigorous quantitative and qualitative evaluations of those initiatives and drive the ultimate execution taking those initiatives from ideas to reality
- Serve as an executive influencer responsible for large initiatives and building what will create the most value to the business and our customers. Create presentations that articulate strategic initiatives and communicate the key business rationale for new business projects to the leadership team
- Lead the product development process across teams, from ideation and research, to planning and implementation, to release and iteration
- Develop strong positive relationships with design, engineering and curriculum. Coordinate across functional areas within the organization (executive, product, finance, operations, marketing) to bring ideas together and drive consensus
- Meet with sales and marketing, spend time with teachers, students and administrators, and conduct market research. Use that information to evolve the products to best meet the needs of our users, arrive at product market fit, and reach our ambitious reach, revenue, and impact goals
- Manage other product managers and nurture their career development
- Create better process where you see opportunities
Basic Qualifications of the Executive Director, Product:
- 7+ years of product experience
- Experience building a data-driven, impact-focused product organization, with a culture of experimentation and building toward outcomes
- A strong eye for product quality and product design, and building an organization that deeply values both
- Demonstrated history of delivering innovative products that delight consumers and drive business results
- Proven record of managing direct reports
Preferred Qualifications of the Executive Director, Product:
- A passion for having a positive impact on our users
- Creative mind-set and approach to problem solving
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Rodney ensures that each new Amplify product and automated feature goes through extensive testing to ensure efficiency before being deemed ready for release to the public.
Back to top