Embedded Professional Learning Specialist, Science- LAUSD (Part Time)
- Flexible / Remote
A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
In partnership with the Lawrence Hall of Science (University of California, Berkeley), Amplify Science was created as a brand new, research-driven, digitally enhanced curriculum for Grades K-8 that comprehensively addresses the vision described in the NRC Framework for K-12 Science Education, including the three dimensions of the Next Generation Science Standards.
Students inhabit the role of scientists and engineers throughout each unit. Through rich, multi-modal experiences and authentic problem-solving, Amplify Science will help teachers develop the next generation of students to be critical scientists and thoughtful citizens. If you love to teach students the power of scientific inquiry, and you get excited about the intersection of technology in the classroom, then consider applying to be an Amplify Science Professional Learning Specialist.
Our Specialists deliver Professional Learning experiences and workshops that assist districts, schools, and teachers in planning for and implementing high-quality science instruction aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards for California Public Schools. Your job will be to teach and coach teachers, school leaders and district level designees who are using the Amplify Science curriculum in their school/s.. Your goal will be to help them make the Amplify Science Implementation a success, inspiring high stakeholder engagement and significant student learning. We are looking for people who enjoy connecting with adult learners and care about impacting education; who have the ability to travel, handle multiple projects/schools and are team players.
***This is a contractor position for candidates located in the Los Angeles School area.
- Travel to schools regularly to deliver services and build strong academic relationships
- Work with teachers and administrators to align the Science curriculum with school/district curriculum objectives
- Facilitate Professional Learning workshops for groups of up to 30 teachers
- Conduct coaching sessions (in-person and remote) for up to 6 teachers and/or leadership team members
- Demonstrate strong andragogical, pedagogical, content and technology integration knowledge in workshops and classroom settings
- Conduct remote Professional Learning workshops for teachers and administrators
- Provide coaching support to individual and small groups of classroom teachers by modeling, co-teaching, observing, and providing focused feedback.
- Analyze student work and formative assessment data (anecdotal and program data) to provide coaching support around instructional decision-making and responsiveness to learner outcomes
- Coach school leadership teams to draft and facilitate professional learning plans using relevant data such as survey, observation, performance and/or program usage reports
- Articulate and apply effective strategies that enhance equity of learning for diverse student populations; experience with Students with Disabilities and English Learners
- Maintain current information regarding the status of a school's implementation for internal and external reporting inclusive of daily and quarterly reporting
- Actively participate in team meetings and internal training opportunities
- Demonstrate understanding and compassion for the role of the teacher/s and their comfort with technology integration in the classroom
- Collaborate with and maintain a highly effective customer service relationship with Lawrence Hall of Science and other Amplify stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree of Education
- 4+ years of K-8 classroom Science teaching experience
- Experience delivering professional development and coaching for teachers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience analyzing data and using it to inform practice
- Demonstrated proficiency in technology integration in workshops and in the classroom
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology-based productivity tools such as Microsoft, Google Applications, etc...)
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs. (transporting and demonstrating labs from science kits)
- Able to travel as required within and outside of territory
- Master's Degree of Education
- Proven efficacy in time management while facilitating multiple engagements
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Project or Account Management Skills
- Proven knowledge of current Science instruction and NGSS Standards
- Passionate about Science and knowledge of NGSS
- Instructional leadership experience
- Curriculum Development Experience
- Current Licensure
- Biliteracy a plus (Spanish)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Back to top