Educational Partnerships Manager - CA
Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students. Although we're a technology company, we don't believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it's just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
The Educational Partnerships Manager (EPM) liaises between Amplify and its strategic customers and is responsible for cultivating, developing and managing relationships. The person serves as the primary business contact for Amplify customers and is responsible for client satisfaction. The EPM is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality.
The Educational Partnerships Manager manages the goals of key Amplify customers, helps leverage internal resources to ensure those goals are met, and is expected to retain existing business and is responsible for influencing the upsell of each assigned account.
Responsibilities of Educational Partnerships Manager:
- Own large district and highly strategic customer engagements from launch, to ongoing support throughout the year, through the end of the school year
- Manage the relationship with the customer and Sales to provide implementation and customer experience success and ensure reference customers and renewals
- Own relationships with key district leaders including CAO and CIO
- Partner with districts to understand their goals for the implementation and how they will measure its success; work with Amplify staff and district/school personnel to define project priorities and effectively manage priorities to ensure onboarding and launch success
- Direct the activities of district IT personnel, school personnel, Amplify On-Site staff, Trainers and Customer Support staff through the implementation process
- Work with third party providers and district/school IT staff to ensure the their network, wireless infrastructure and technology setup will support Amplify technologies
- Create implementation plans and manage their execution while maintaining day-to-day knowledge of implementation and project status; track and communicate project status, issues, risks and decisions to internal stakeholders
- Analyze data related to implementations to draw out key trends and insights and recommend actions based on findings
- Attend district or school events and meetings to manage the customer relationship and represent Amplify as well as communicate project status, issues, risks and decisions
- Contribute information to sales strategies by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive products in the school; analyzing and relaying customer reactions
- Analyze and escalate any barriers or concerns during the implementation that may impact the customer's strategic implementation plans or Amplify's future sales strategy with the customer
- Determine order and priority of issues; alert appropriate contacts, provide immediate feedback to district/school personnel and Amplify staff and follow to ensure proper action was taken
- Raise risks and alert stakeholders and executives of launch readiness blocks encountered during onboarding and/or post launch high priority issues. Monitor troubleshooting of priority issues and help to implement solutions or workarounds
- Post-launch compile customer launch issues and other details to determine stability of customer implementation success
- Establish check points with the customer to communicate project updates, progress towards strategic goals and product, teacher, and student performance (Post Launch, MOY, EOY)
- Update job knowledge by participating in Amplify and external educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Work alongside other Program/Project Managers to identify and share best practices and to develop and implement proven project tracking tools and processes
Basic Qualifications of the Educational Partnerships Manager :
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience managing customer accounts
- Proven project and personnel management skills and the ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Proven professional and dynamic presentation skills
- Proven fluency with MS Office suite
- Ability to travel up to 75% at times
Preferred Qualifications of the Educational Partnerships Manager:
- Master's degree a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Resourcefulness and independent problem-solving ability
- Enthusiasm for and comfort within fast-paced company culture
- Teaching, Education, Sales or Marketing experience preferred
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Rodney ensures that each new Amplify product and automated feature goes through extensive testing to ensure efficiency before being deemed ready for release to the public.
Back to top