Education Coach, mCLASS - Los Angeles
- Flexible / Remote
A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
mCLASS provides proven early literacy diagnostic and progress-monitoring assessments to comprehensively support each student's literacy development in grades K-6. Our suite of early literacy resources work together seamlessly to target skill gaps and provide the right instruction at the right time. Authored by researchers at the University of Oregon, DIBELS 8th Edition provides efficient, reliable early reading measures with advanced test design that prevents overtesting. DIBELS 8th Edition measures the five basic early literacy skills: phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension. Amplify also provides IDEL, the Spanish version of this assessment.
The Education Coach will design and lead professional development for school district teachers, administrators and/or instructional leaders at each local district utilizing mCLASS assessments. The Education Coach's primary responsibilities will be supporting educator learning related to assessment, data use, and early literacy skills in order to increase student achievement. The Education Coach's time will be structured based on LAUSD's goals and priorities, and some potential models include:
- Responsive Coaching Support to Local Districts - allocating 3-4 days every month to each local district throughout the school year and working with local district leaders to craft an ongoing, responsive coaching plan that will meet each local district's needs.
- Sustained, Intensive Coaching Support in a Concentrated Cohort of Schools - delivering a sustained, intensive coaching model to a strategic, concentrated cohort of schools during the year.
Responsibilities of Education Coach:
- Lead professional learning around mCLASS assessments, which includes data analysis and action planning sessions
- Work with groups of educators in schools to interpret data, set goals, and plan literacy instruction based on assessment data
- Facilitate mCLASS product trainings for groups of up to 40 teachers
- Support school and local district leaders in interpreting aggregated data, supervising assessments, and planning for classroom and tiered supports
- Observe teacher practice and provide feedback to individual teachers
- Collaborate with Amplify team working in the district
- Communicate thoughtfully and proactively with school and district contacts
- Consult and provide school and district contacts with recommendations on how to best support educators using mCLASS and mCLASS Intervention
- Design and communicate strategic supports to educators at key times of the year
- Participate in Amplify Professional Development meetings and internal trainings
- Support Amplify's internal mCLASS PD team with the design of standard and custom PD projects that include, but are not limited to: powerpoint decks, videos, online courses, participant resources, etc.
- Delivery of remote or in-person training for national customers
Basic Qualifications of Education Coach
- 3+ years of K-5 ELA teaching experience
- Experience in coaching and facilitating professional development in early literacy and foundational skills for adult learners
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret district-, school-, and classroom-level data and determine next steps for instruction
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology-based productivity tools, including Microsoft Office, Google Applications, etc.
- Able to travel locally across Los Angeles each day when delivering sessions or providing coaching support and nationally when delivering sessions or providing coaching support for accounts outside of LAUSD
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously
Preferred Qualifications of the Education Coach
- Experience administering Amplify's mCLASS assessments (DIBELS 8th Edition, DIBELS 8th Edition with TRC, DIBELS Next, or DIBELS Next with Reading 3D, IDEL or Spanish TRC)
- 3+ years of K-5 ELA teaching experience in Los Angeles
- Proven knowledge of current early literacy instruction best practices in Spanish
- Fluent in Spanish (including speaking, reading, and writing) and able to deliver trainings in Spanish
- Understanding and compassion for the role of the teachers and leaders
- Demonstrated client/partnership management experience
- Instructional leadership experience as a coach or school leader
- Master's or Advanced Degree in Education
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Back to top