Early Literacy- VP, Partner Success
Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students - on early literacy development. Although we're a technology company, we don't believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it's just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
The VP, Partner Success is central to turning Amplify's best-in-class products into meaningful outcomes on the ground - making groundbreaking educational research, instructional design, and technology live and breathe in classrooms across the country. By ensuring that Amplify's assessments, interventions, and curricula authentically support our partners' educational goals, s/he will drive meaningful impact for millions of children. S/he will passionately champion the voice of our partners; steer complex, high-profile program implementations with wisdom, grace, and purpose; and be relentlessly focused on student outcomes. As a result, we will deepen our partnerships and grow our business.
Partner Success is comprised of Account Management and Professional Development teams. Account Management manages all aspects of customer success for accounts of significant revenue -- service delivery, program adoption, relationship management, sustainability, and growth. Professional Development provides high quality PD content design, engaging in-person and remote PD delivery, and operational management for all PD services.
The VP, Partner Success will be charged with taking a strong foundation and continuing to improve its ability to drive teacher and student impact with partners.
S/he will be responsible for:
- Driving execution of excellent service delivery and deepening partnerships with strategic account base, resulting in renewal and growth. Accounts range from large districts to state-level organizations, including several in the multi-million dollar range.
- Leading a large team of professionals dedicated to serving our partners, fostering a culture of improvement and commitment to best practice.
- Interfacing with partners to collaborate, explore new opportunities, negotiate and mitigate challenges, and represent organization.
- Initiate and oversee projects that drive forward department goals of practice improvement and increasing impact with partners.
- Crafting compelling plans for state, district, and school level Requests for Proposal; contribute to and write sections of proposals
- Collaborating with sales and product teams to develop solutions that support both customer and business goals.
- Overseeing services readiness for new product releases.
- Negotiating contracts and scope with state and district leaders
- Assessing impact and efficacy of the support we provide to educators and teachers
- Overseeing operations of a multimillion dollar professional development services business line, from content to final delivery.
- Carrying out company initiatives that require input from or impact our base of partners.
- Managing communications to our strategic base of partners and advising on overall communications to our entire base.
To do all that well, we think the VP, Partner Success needs to:
- Develop and maintain understanding of our partners' experience, needs, and expectations in order to represent their voice internally and across partners.
- Develop and maintain understanding of our products, their purpose, and the various models of implementation.
- Invest in building authentic relationships with and developing a national, remote team - as well as colleagues from wide-ranging disciplines: sales, marketing, literacy research, product management.
- Continually engage with the team's work, to recognize practices to proliferate or improve.
- Provide transparency within team and to leadership of progress with partners, opportunities, risks, services readiness, and areas of need.
- Learn fast and get in the weeds - have a voracious appetite for detail and an outstanding capacity for synthesis
- Apply business savvy, operational precision, organizational awareness, and an improvement mindset to continually assess existing processes and drive improvements
- Understand competitive landscape to inform development of attractive and cost effective delivery models
- "Roll up sleeves" - get in the details when needed to pitch in or problem solve, including work such as re-configuring the schedule, correcting spreadsheet formulas, or preparing training rooms.
- Professionally broker resolutions with honesty and integrity in the face of conflict or disagreement
- Have executive presence to influence and collaborate with senior level staff internally, in districts and in state education agencies.
Our VP, Partner Success will have these qualifications:
- You have a passion for helping others succeed -- especially your partners and your team.
- You have managed complex projects (at scale) implementing new programs across varying stakeholders and entities.
- You have managed savvy and demanding clients, setting expectations, collaborating, and problem solving toward mutual success.
- You enjoy leading and coaching people to be the best they can be.
- You can effectively corral a group of people for solving problems, making decisions, and executing on a plan.
- You've led teams - you know how to get people motivated, rowing in the same direction, and focused on a common goal - even when times are tough
- You're results-driven and have operational savvy, having managed complex operations
- You've overseen the budget for a >$1M project, or maybe you've overseen a P&L
- You believe technology has a meaningful place in how schools impact students
- You've worked in schools or school districts - you've been a classroom educator or have extensive frontline experience in the complex, busy lived reality of school life
- You've worked directly with C-level executives - you can have the presence, competence, and finesse to win trust from busy, capable managers
- You are able to analyze and present data to determine trends and necessary actions
- Ideally, you have a background in education (early literacy is even better) - at very least, you have a deep interest in how children learn to read
Work at Amplify is fast-moving, demanding and - we believe - deeply meaningful. We expect a lot of commitment, talent, grit, and optimism. In return, Amplifiers get:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k
- Unlimited vacation
- Awesome, new office space in DUMBO
- To collaborate with amazing colleagues who - together, will work on building a company that reshapes how students learn and teachers teach
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Rodney ensures that each new Amplify product and automated feature goes through extensive testing to ensure efficiency before being deemed ready for release to the public.
Back to top