Director of National Partnerships
Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students. Although we're a technology company, we don't believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it's just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
The foundation of our business is identifying the companies that would best benefit from our services and then working with them to come on board. Our team has just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish, and we need your help.
As Director of National Partnerships, you will exhibit a passion for education and the digital space, are collaborative and entrepreneurial, and can contribute your talents to our continuing success and growth. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the full sales cycle, from lead to close, and must have a fire in your belly for sales and a desire to better the world of education.
Why we care about finding the right person:
The Director of National Partnerships paves the way for the team to be successful. You are at the forefront of both understanding how best to grow our business, and building relationships with the companies we hope engage with as long term partners. And when those companies do come on board, you will maintain the relationship to ensure it stays healthy and grows.
The daily grind:
- Survey the landscape: Know and keep up to date with the education and non-profit landscape to continuously build a pipeline of opportunities
- Pound the pavement: Perform a mix of inside and onsite sales activities including phone calls, emails, and onsite meetings with prospects and leads.
- Grow the business: Drive business growth through acquiring new clients and gaining repeat business from current clients by building strategic relationships with decision makers
- Take the lead: Manage entire sales cycles with multiple stakeholders. We have a strong team who will support the effort.
- Keep them happy: Manage current client relationships, and support customers with any questions or concerns. Always be creative on how best to gain additional business, as well as obtain referrals.
Why you'll want to work here: We're passionate about learning in all forms and for all ages, and we are committed to making it a rich, multifaceted process for students and the educators who do this work every day.
ProjectEd is a mission-driven consulting group, committed to helping educational and philanthropic organizations create exceptional services and products. Yet while we know that education is a very human endeavor, we also believe that well-designed and well-implemented technology can initiate a new era in learning. We have each dedicated our careers to this passion.
If this sounds right to you, let's chat.
Relevant Experience and Mindset:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years' experience in sales
The fluff that's not fluff at all:
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals and recognized success in negotiating and closing new business
- Develop proposals and negotiate contracts
- Ambition and self-motivation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Flexibility, friendliness, and resourcefulness
- Comfortable with all forms of communication via phone, email and in person
- A passion for, and knowledge of, education and the nonprofit sector
- Cares about education, learning, kids or teachers. Or people in general.
- Ability to travel
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Rodney ensures that each new Amplify product and automated feature goes through extensive testing to ensure efficiency before being deemed ready for release to the public.
Back to top