Director, Bids and Proposals
Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify works with educators across the country - and about 2 million students. Although we're a technology company, we don't believe that our work is over the moment a teacher has a new software license. Instead, it's just beginning - we work side-by-side with educators and school leaders, fitting our products into the lived reality of classrooms and schools.
The Director of Bids and Proposals will lead the team that is charged with sourcing procurement opportunities as well as the preparation and submission of winning proposals. In this role, the Director of Bids & Proposals will work with Amplify Education's various lines of business to coordinate responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotations (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs)
The position involves researching, writing, and producing a high volume of client-facing documentation on behalf of Amplify in support of an array of innovative education products. This role will successfully communicate and collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders including, Legal, Sales, Product leads and other subject matter experts, as needed - and thus, is a highly visible role.
The Director of Bids and Proposals will oversee a small team, exhibiting strong writing skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to generate creative ideas while working both independently and collaboratively. The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter, multitasker who works well under pressure, and follows through on tasks. We are looking for a strong team member who leads by example and keeps the team informed of changes.
- Plan, research, develop, and edit complex content for proposals in response to customer solicitations
- Act as the central point of contact on assigned proposals, and lead and guide the work of the Bids and Proposals team
- Maintain, improve, and enforce the bids process within the team and across the company
- Monitor the bid opportunities pipeline and ensure that team resources are appropriately allocated
- Lead and/or support the development and submission of winning strategic bid responses by working with the Bids team, internal experts and/or contractors, as required
- Research and gather information to include corporate information, product information, and other standard materials
- Maintain, augment and improve library of reusable components, templates, and processes to reduce response time and improve quality on future bids
- Direct product strategy research to inform bid responses as well as broader company awareness
- BS/BA degree, or equivalent in relevant experience
- 4+ years' experience with either K-12 education OR RFP responses and/or large-scale grant applications
- Proven ability to work across organizations with effective communication, leadership, and project management skills
Preferred Qualifications of the Director of Bids & Proposals :
- Proven attention to detail
- Excellent writing, grammar, and spelling ability
- Strong understanding of the K-12 education market
- Excellent presentation and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a deadline-conscious, results-driven environment
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Meet Some of Amplify's Employees
Rodney ensures that each new Amplify product and automated feature goes through extensive testing to ensure efficiency before being deemed ready for release to the public.
Back to top