A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
This position will work closely with the K-12 Editorial Lead, Math for different grade bands across K-12 mathematics, helping to edit and write teacher support materials, specifically for Differentiated Support and adhering to Amplify Math guidelines for vision, style, clarity, conciseness, voice, and mathematical accuracy. This position will report to the K-12 Editorial Lead, Math.
***This position is a contractual agreement that will run for approximately 12 weeks at about 40 hours per week and will end June 1, 2021.
- Write and edit Differentiated Support features (Accessibility and Extensions), for a specific grade band
(6-8 + A1). This includes referring to the Student Edition and Teacher Edition lessons at various stages of development while writing Differentiated Support features. The pace will be multiple lessons and activities per day.
- Ensure consistency of voice and adherence to program style, vision, and philosophy.
- Ensure that features maintain alignment with the Amplify Core Math Authoring Guide and the vision, style, and formatting of the Differentiated Support features.
- Verify the mathematical correctness of the features written.
- Ensure that features meet with strict word counts.
- Incorporate comments and feedback from the K-12 Editorial Lead and Amplify's Differentiated Support advisors.
- Meet on a weekly basis, or more frequently as needed, with the K-12 Editorial Lead to prioritize workload and ensure consistency across the content.
- Follow editorial workflows and communicate progress.
- Monitor editorial progress and ensure that it keeps pace with Amplify Math's production schedule.
- Identify any issues and risks to the project by raising concerns to the K-12 Editorial Lead, and make suggestions for resolution as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics (or demonstrated mathematical expertise up through Algebra 1)
- Experience with formatting of mathematical type (MathType)
- Experience using Google Docs.
- Demonstrated ability to write teacher support for mathematics curricula, with prior experience or familiarity with differentiated instruction
- Experience working effectively on cross-functional teams with diverse priorities and focus, i.e., a Curriculum Team comprised of Curriculum Developers, Managing Editors, Designers, Graphers, and Writers
- 3+ years of editorial or copy editing experience with mathematics curriculum
- Experience with writing or implementing differentiated support, specifically as it relates to mathematics
- Prior mathematics teaching experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
We celebratediversityand are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from adiversecandidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.